“Exactly what I was looking for”

Taproom by Spring House Brewing Co.
Ranked #164 of 586 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I had dropped my parents off at Sights & Sounds and was looking for a place nearby to pass the time.

Found this place online and decided to check it out.

10 taps, perfect! I just had missed out on their Peanut Butter Stout and Mango IPA but was able to grab a Mango to take home.

There are newer reviews for Taproom by Spring House Brewing Co.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I stumbled upon the Taproom in Lancaster after talking a walking tour of the city. We are huge fans of craft beers and visit breweries and brew pubs wherever we can. When we walked into the Taproom it was quite busy but we were lucky to get one seat at the bar. I'll start by saying the crowd here is mostly 20 somethings, so us being in our 40's we were definitely one of the older couples there. The craft beer listed on the blackboard was quite interesting. However, it took almost ten minutes before one of the three bartenders came over to ask us what we wanted. This isn't that big of a bar, but all three bartenders were more interested in talking to other workers or friends at the bar than helping us out. When we finally were asked what we wanted we decided on the Peanut Butter and Jelly Stout and the Pecan Sandie Porter. Both beers were good, although they could have been better. When I asked one of the bartenders how business has been, he said "fine" and that was it. Not a very friendly soul - why he was bartending, I have no idea. After finishing our first beers, we again waited for quite some time with empty pints in front of us. When someone finally came over I asked for a sample of the Jalepeno and Raspberry Ale. While it's not my type of beer, I can see why people who enjoy spicy foods might like it. After finishing the sample, we decided to leave since it was obvious that the service wasn't going to improve. It's a shame because we were going to order food and have a few more beers but we just didn't want to wait forever to be served.

1  Thank Chuck F
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Taproom is a regular stop for us anytime we drive through Lancaster. There is always something new on the beer menu. The Beyond the Gates Double IPA is one of my favorites, and is usually available. The pumpkin ale is one of the best pumpkins I've tasted. The food menu is small, but they have some very nice items. I love the figs stuffed with blue cheese. Their prices are very reasonable. Looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Taproom fun place nice staff, shuffleboard, great beer, friendly patrons, would go back again, loved it! wish they had their mugs for sale to the public.....great mug!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stopped in here for a beer and enjoyed the ones that we tried. They offer half pints which is a nice way to sample more than one. The beer was pretty good and bartender was friendly. They offered food but we didn't eat.