“Actually I’d give it 4 1/2 stars”

The Greenfield Restaurant & Bar
Reserve a Table
Mon, 6/24
8:00 PM
Ranked #26 of 669 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: William Penn Way
Transit: Public transit stops in front of the property
Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

This was an easy choice since my hotel was next door and am I glad I went. The menu has some really solid choices and a few different items that you normally wouldn’t see. The salmon and lamb looked absolutely awesome. Full bar, some very good wine choices and decent service. I say decent because the bartender was also serving in the bar area. They had entertainment and the crowd was a mix of all ages.
For me, the best part was talking with the owner/chef and his son, as I learned that the owner has a great resume’
I will stay in the same hotel and go back for dinner on my next trip to Lancaster. Try it, you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant changed ownership. It is now own by a chief that worked at the White House under President Bush. It had been awhile since we ate there. The decor didn't change. Our server was wonderful. And most of all our meal was outstanding. My husband had the crab cakes filled with crab meat & I had the scallops that melted in my mouth. We were to full to get dessert but they knew it was our anniversary so they did they bring out a dish of ice cream with a candle. Which was a nice touch!
I would recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019

As said in the title we were disappointed>. First thing they told us they out of lobster. this is 7 pm on Saturday night. Our server seemed to not liking to be a server, so people just don't like there jobs. Service was poor to say the least. When we ordered I ordered the scallops they were out of them too, yes I was mad because I looked at the menu early in the week on line and that's what I wanted. So I ordered the special Fish, was just warm not hot maybe sat in the kitchen to long service was slow, it was ok nothing special. Wife had the crab cakes they said lump very salty lots of filler, not happy. Daughter in law had the lamb she liked it, son had some kind of Shepard's pie anyway not represented as such on the menu, He also ordered a side of potato's server could have told him he was getting potato's with his main order, just saying. We go to lots of restaurants around Lancaster and live in Lititz. there are so much to choose from so we will not be going back.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

Excellent experience. The service, quality of the food, the atmosphere left nothing to be desired. Very happy that we chose The Greenfield Inn for our 57th anniversary dinner.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 16, 2018

While the food was good overall, the service was less so. Everything seemed a little slow, from drinks to apps to salads to entrees. We soon learned why. Apparently the sister of the owner was seated in our section with her pretentious, wine-snob partner. They took an inordinate amount of our servers attention, to the point that in the middle of finally delivering our tables food, she stopped serving us to take time out to pour him another class of wine.Ridiculous. Oh, and on top of it all, their policy is that for a table of 6 or more they automatically add a 20% gratuity so you cannot even express your displeasure with your experience.
Not rushing back.