“WONDERFUL Winter Sunday Brunch!”

The Greenfield Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Greenfield Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 579 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: William Penn Way
Transit: Public transit stops in front of the property
Lancaster, PA
“WONDERFUL Winter Sunday Brunch!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I had read about the Greenfield Inn and Restaurant ever since coming to Lancaster and today was the day we decided to try it and are we ever happy!! It was the perfect grey, bitter cold Sunday morning to treat ourselves to brunch and since the Greenfield is advertised as having a nice brunch we made reservations. We were pleasantly surprised with a classically older, stone structure, retaining the charm of a previous time but having added updated and modern areas to the original venue. We were seated in the lovely, cozy, warm dining room down the hall from the bar and contemporary Terrace Room that overlooked the patio. Our dining room was the perfect setting for a cozy winter brunch. Our server, Connie, could not have been more friendly and nice all the while being professional and knowledgable. After seeing the HUGE piece of quiche, which was the special...crab and broccoli, my husband couldn't resist. Aside from maybe being a bit warmer, it was SCRUMPTIOUS!! Quiche can be served at any temp but my husband would have liked it just a bit warmer...he still enjoyed it tremendously! I ordered, probably the most delicious breakfast I ever enjoyed...the Eggs Benedict Florentine with Smoked Salmon...OMG...it was to die for!!! I had the DILL HOLLANDAISE on the side...it was so delicious you didn't need it but when I tasted it with the sauce, I thought I died and went to heaven!! The eggs were PERFECTLY poached and sitting on just the right amount of smoked salmon, which was wonderful, and wilted spinach which just added to the taste medley. I loved the spicey Bloody Marys served with our brunch and the fresh fruit cup was the perfect palate cleanser and refresher at the end. We would certainly return for another brunch and are looking forward to experiencing their dinner menu and having a light bit in the Terrace lounge at the bar. Thanks, Greenfield!! :)

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent biz travel/take-out experience”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This was my first time to Lancaster and I stayed at the Hampton Inn right next to the Olde Greenfield Inn. Upon the recommendation of the front desk attendant, I hustled over to the restaurant at about 9:30pm knowing they closed at 10pm. The lady at the hostess stand - Joanne - was incredibly friendly and accommodative of my request for a to-go order. She helped me walk through the menu, recommended an outstanding Shepherd's Pie and some smoked beets for a side. Then she ran back to the kitchen to let them know I was waiting, had it all wrapped up along with plastic-ware, butter/bread, etc. While I was waiting she stayed to chat with me, and the staff who walked by were very friendly. I look forward to my next trip to Lancaster when I will allot more time to sit and relax in the cozy atmosphere and try some of their other dishes.

• Visited January 2014
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
“NEW NAME--GREENFIELD RESTAURANT AND BAR”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Hope the old name does not keep you from finding this gem. We went there early on new year's eve with friends and had a spectacular dinner. Onion and snapper soups were great, drinks well made, salads fresh and tasty, racks of lamb to die for (took half home), fish dishes great, and desserts out of this world. Despite the busy evening, we were not rushed and the service was outstanding. Going back soon.

• Visited December 2013
Ephrata, Pennsylvania, United States
“Open Monday”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a nice place to eat dinner with friends but most of our favorites are closed Monday, so we went to Olde Greenfield. We ate in the bar area which was chilly, but they cranked up the heat after we complained. Service was indifferent - we were actually forgotten and it wasn't crowded. My wife usually gets the scallops, and they were good, but the risotto wasn't a big hit. My friend said the crab cakes we're okay. I got the pork chop and it was magnificent. It surely made up for many lapses. The others, however, went away unimpressed. Maybe Monday isn't the best day to go there. I'd avoid the bar area. Cold, easy to be overlooked, and lacking in charm.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank HTalisker
Lancater County, PA
“Lunch with coworkers”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Two coworkers and I had reservations for a Christmas lunch on a bustling Friday afternoon. When we arrived, our table for three was waiting for us. We were seated promptly and greeted by our server who returned within 3-5 minutes to take our beverage orders and tell us of the daily specials. While some may say the service is slow, I my personal opinion is that it is simply relaxed pacing. Nothing bothers me more than when I feel like lingering and chatting with my guests and the wait staff rush around and hurry me through my experience.

While limited, the lunch menu has choices for everyone which are not badly priced. We averaged $15 per person including soup but without dessert. Everything was well prepared and tasted great. I have read other reviews that stated $6 upcharges for substitutions and I am pleased to report that our substitutions were apparently very reasonable and did not result in the reported upcharge.

I actually had reservations for the following evening to have dinner with my husband in the wine cellar but rapidly deteriorating roads from a snow storm forced us to cancel. I am looking forward to the opporunity to make up the cancelation.

• Visited December 2013