“Our favorite restaurant!”

The Greenfield Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Greenfield Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 579 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: William Penn Way
Transit: Public transit stops in front of the property
Ronks, PA
“Our favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have visited this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed in the service or the food. The atmosphere is relaxing, the staff very helpful, and the food is delicious.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Judith W

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Northeast US
“Remarkable”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I dined here in November 2012 and had a truly remarkable dinner.

We were staying at a nearby hotel and found this restaurant via their website.

When we came in the hostess was away seating other guests but a man nearby greeted us and advised us the hostess would return shortly.

The man turned out to be the owner.

I thanked him for greeting us and explained how many times I've visited other restaurants where the staff literally pretends customers aren't there and I've thanked them for their "service" by quickly finding another restaurant.

We ended up having a nice chat with the owner and the hostess later seated us.

Our server was professional, knowledgeable and interested in our experience. You won't see any of those attributes at the chain places.

The ambiance here is exceptional and the menu was more than adequate and fairly priced.

I don't mind paying a premium for quality meals, ambiance and service and this establishment is a real bargain in that department.

Here's something different: Maybe I don't get out much but this is the first restaurant I've seen whose wine list was brought to you on an iPad.

One could find more than they ever needed to know about the list in this way.

Our meals were cooked perfectly (including my steak,) the lump crab appetizer was exceptional and the fried ice cream dessert was well worth waiting for.

Could we have eaten more for less at the local buffet? Yes?

Would the poor quality of the food at that buffet, fighting overweight women who act like it's their last day on earth for that slice of cherry pie, and the rush of the buffet have been worth it? No.

The Greenfield Inn was a great dining experience and I wish I lived closer so I could visit more.

4 Thank MT5211
By the sea
“Would definitely return”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Recently made a trip to the Lancaster area. I have not been to Greenfield for many years (since we moved further away from the area), but we always enjoyed the restaurant, so we went back on this trip.

Drinks were reasonably priced, service was fast and pleasant. My filet was done perfectly and the salad was nice and fresh. We ate in the bar area on a Tuesday night. It was busy, but not a problem with seating or service. It is one of my favorite places in the area and next time we are in Lancaster, it will definitely be on the list of "go to" places. Would highly recommend.

2 Thank B g
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good but rushed”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've dined at Olde Greenfield Inn previously. The food has always been good and the service has varied. Overall the staff has been very accommodating.
During this visit, the food was actually fabulous, I had perhaps some of the best crab cakes I've ever had.
The big "however" is that the entree came out at the point we were about half done with our salads. We asked our waitress to wait until we were done. She said our meals would get cold in the kitchen. When I pointed out they would get cold at our table as well, she said she'd bring domes to keep them warm. After returning to the kitchen, then serving a different table, then again returning to the kitchen, she finally brought the large, obvious plastic domes for our entrees. It was a tad embarrassing, and of course was too late completely prevent the cooling of our meals.
Nevertheless, the food was tasty and the hostess who had originally seated us was attentive.

1 Thank Kim139
North Beach, Maryland
“Great 4th time Around”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

It has been about 13 years since I have visited this restaurant. It has not changed still great food and pleasant service. Had a wonderful time 3 margaritas later and the food still really good went with my sister who is is a best friend and had a great time. Although I thought the scollops a bit salty but still a delight. The bar area was busy but did not have to wait for service. The drinks were excellent and would recommend to all travelers that enjoy great food and drinks!

2 Thank loulou215