“Nice Restaurant but often long wait.”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #365 of 591 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Bob Evans is a great place to eat. Just have to plan your visit accordingly since it is near many local hotels it often can get a line quickly especially at breakfast!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had gone to Bob Evans over the years when visiting Lancaster. This time was not good at all. We went around 4:00pm, the place was not very busy at the time. They sat us in the back section and there were several tables around us with dirty dishes still on them. There seemed to be more workers just standing around talking than actually cleaning or being productive. The rolls they gave us were hard, the food was that of a bad diner. We will definitely not be going back here. They just opened a new Chick Fil A across the street which was packed, should've gone there!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I decided to try Bob Evan's restaurant for breakfast one Monday and arrived at about 10:00 AM. There were about 6 tables in use so we figured it wouldn't be long before we would be doing our Christmas shopping. We were led to a table and our order was taken. Our server brought us coffee and we sat back enjoying each others company. About 5 minutes later a party of 6 arrived and sat in our section and clearly knew our server. They began a conversation with our server that took at least 10 minutes. Who's having a baby, who got engaged etc. Finally Mary Sunshine took their order as we waited and waited. We sat there for at least 10 minutes with empty coffee cups in front of us. Finally after getting tired of waiting with no sign of Mary I got up and went over to the coffee pot and filled our cups. Still no Mary. Eventually she returned with the entire breakfast order for her 6 friends and it was at that time I saw my wife get really upset for the first time in quite a while. We got up and went to the cashere. I asked to speak to a manager and when he arrived I explained in my outdoor voice that I wanted to pay for the coffee we drank and that we were leaving. He wanted to know why and my wife was all to happy to tell him. Now I should say that my wife is a mild mannered lady and it takes a lot to get her angry but Mary did that morning. The manager was apologetic and before long Mary came over to defend her actions. She tried to tell him that the party of 6 came in long before us and that's when another couple who were waiting to pay for their breakfast spoke up. They both said she was telling a lie and that they observed us come in and them the other party come in and in fact the woman told her husband they weren't getting any coffee request as they too had Mary Sunshine as a server. She watched as I got up to get my own coffee and asked her husband to follow suit which he did. The manager actually begged us to stay and have breakfast on him at which time I told hiw we were no longer hungry. He than offered to treat us to dinner which we also declined. My wife said "Why would I ever return to a restaurant that allows servers to show such disregard to their customers especially when there are so many other great restaurants to choose." With that he said the coffee is on me and we left. My parting words to him were: " My wife and I visit Lancaster at least 6 times a year and stay for about 4 days. While there we always had breakfast lunch at Bob Evens at least once. We will never again eat here and you can thank your server.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

So this was another restaurant that I had to try if I ever saw since I'm a huge fan of their frozen mashed potatoes. Luckily, I was on a vacation in Pennsylvania and had my pick of them! I ended up stopping at the one in Lancaster because it was next to some interesting outlets.

It really reminded me of a cheesier version of IHOP and a lesser version of Cracker Barrel. The menu was not that extensive, but the prices were cheap. My friend's meal looked like a frozen tv dinner and was gross. My meal looked like they dumped a boiling hot cup of chicken noodle soup over a mound of coolish mashed potatoes. Gross. I have no idea how this place is so popular.

Would I go back? No thank you! Will I continue to buy the frozen mashed potatoes? Definitely!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We ate there on a busy Sunday before going to the American Music Theater across the street for the Christmas show. We were able to be seated quickly. The meal was very good. Even our child enjoyed her meal. The price was reasonable. The waitress brought extra biscuits for the child even though it didn't come with her meal because we were sharing ours with her. We would eat there again.