“Try the Shoo-fly pie”

Bird-In-Hand Deli Bakery
Ranked #5 of 15 Bakeries in Lancaster
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited the Bird-In-Hand Bakery each of the three days we vwere in Lancaster for morning coffee and pastry. We tried the Shoo-fly pie, but my favorite was blueberry. They make a small on for two. There is a limited gift shop as well. Very friendly lady at the register.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I enjoyed their baked goods and homemade products in their gift shop as well as the food and it was a great time to spend with the family! Thank you!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

The food here is pretty good... both times I've went I've got the dinner rather than the family style dinners they offer so I can't speak for what that's like. When eating normal dinners you sit in an old farm house. The food was pretty good... nothing over the top or super special but it's good and you get your choice of dessert so that's cool. I got home made ice cream so that's always good. It is a good restaurant for something semi quick but not fast food and it's not exactly amish but it's country cooking.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Tried shoofly pie for the first time, it was delicious. I came back after my buggy ride to stock up on Amish goodies there.
Nice atmosphere, friendly service. Great variety of items, some of which I'd never heard of (pumpkin butter spread...). Reasonably priced items. I liked it and would definitely go back again!

Reviewed March 6, 2012

A great stop to see the culture in action. People from all walks of life. Great snacks, can veggies, crafts and coffee or lunch. Not fancy, but it is a working market.