“Good food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2019

We ate at the Encore Lounge but the food came from Garfield's. When we were in the lounge the food was excellent as was the service. We ate lunch one time at the actual Garfield's restaurant and interestingly enough the food was not as good. I had a chicken wrap that they didn't put the dressing on and was filled with just diced onions. I was hard pressed to find the chicken. Maybe it was the time of day. We ate in the lounge latter in the evenings and food was much better.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 14, 2019

After a long day of driving, we decided to just eat in the hotel restaurant, Garfield's. We entered from the hotel side, where there was a line of 3 other parties waiting. We got into line, and after 5 minutes where none of the staff even acknowledged the line, I went to the hostess stand to ask if we were even supposed to be waiting in that area. The hostess stand is at the "front door" where the exterior entrance is. The hotel entrance is directly opposite. As the hostess hadn't acknowledge the line at all, I wasn't sure if we were waiting in the wrong place. When I asked her if we were waiting in the correct place, she just said the kitchen was slammed and she would take my name. I gave her my details, and asked if she had the names of all of the other people in line. She said she did. However, when I returned to the line, and asked the other people in front of me, they said no, no one had taken their name. I 100% understand when a kitchen gets overwhelmed, and that can be difficult to manage in the front of the house. However, there isn't any reason for the host/hostess not to acknowledge a line of guests waiting. The other people in line with me were just as dismayed at the level of service.

Once we were seated, the waitress took our order promptly. Our food also arrived in the usual amount of time, so no problem there. In our party we had the chicken tenders and a burger. Obviously we weren't expecting gourmet, but even so, we felt that the food was "just ok". The fries were tasty, but the main course was fair at best. Overall, it was a convenient option, but next time we would leave the hotel.

Date of visit: April 2019
2  Thank mdr91
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

Annie, Rachel, Tedra, Allyson, and Christina provided some of the best service I’ve ever received the entire week I was in Lancaster for business. They all took time to not only remember my name but to also treat me like I was a local on there city. 5/5 strongly recommend to others visiting the area

Reviewed March 23, 2019

The food was excellent! Chef Don did visit our table he was very friendly and knowledgeable. Quite interested in hearing about our experience. The quality of the food was on point. Very fresh. The buffet was very tidy and the servers made sure the food items provided were replenished quickly. Very clean restaurant. Server was very friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 23, 2019

In our 1st visit to Garfield's my husband and I just had drinks. Everything was great! So later that evening we decided to go back for dinner. Our waitress was very nice but she as well as others seemed frazzled. It was a Friday night and they were a bit busy so maybe that was it. Our meal was good and we decided to ask for our dessert to go. I ordered a piece of chocolate cake and my husband ordered a milkshake. The milkshake he received was watery and warm. So we asked the waitress if we could have another one made. She sent us to the bar area for that. The girl behind the bar seemed very frazzled. She did indeed make another one but that one was just as bad as the first one. My husband just ended up throwing it away. We decided not to go back after that.

2  Thank lovetheshore