“A Good Apple...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Applebee's
Ranked #135 of 567 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NYC, NY
“A Good Apple...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We found this particular Applebee's to be consistently satisfactory. The staff is friendly and attentive - from the minute you walk in the door (they often hold it open for you) to the time you leave. The servers are there for you when you need them, and quite pleasant. The food here is also very good - something we have not found to be true at every Applebee's. Here, they prepare it tastefully and correctly - including steak, chicken, seafood, and the infamous baby-back ribs. Even the salads were fresh and delicious. The mixed beverages are also done well.

The only things we found that could use improvement: the presentation of some of the dishes were a little underwhelming. A huge plate with the meat on one side and steamed vegetables on the other - 50% of the plate looked empty (I'd suggest smaller plates). Also, regarding the curbside takeaway (based on two visits), they never included extra napkins, ketchup, and only one tiny salt/pepper pack with each plasticware set.

While there are so many choices of restaurants in the area, many offering delicious local Amish fare, this is still well worth a visit if you're in the mood for chain-restaurant style food.

• Visited November 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Just Average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had promised my dining companion ribs and we had been planning to visit a competitor to this location for our promised lunch, only the other location was not open for lunch. We decided to eat lunch at Applebee's because they also had ribs on their menu, and we had set ourselves up to really wanting to have ribs.

The very best thing about our meal was the mozzarella sticks appetizer. They came from the kitchen nicely hot, and they were filled with obviously high-quality cheese. The marinara sauce on the side had a nice flavor as well.

We each ordered the honey BBQ half-rack of ribs, that came with cole slaw and fries. The menu also listed a sweet and spicy sauce flavor, but upon asking our server, we were told that it had a bit of a kick, while the honey BBQ was sweeter.

The ribs had a fair amount of meat on them, but the sauce was not as sweet as we expected, and also had a bite to it that made it spicier than we would have preferred. The French fries were obviously made with fresh cut potatoes. They were a bit TOO crisp and had absolutely no flavor (I actually added ketchup to mine, which I seldom do!).

All in all, our server was attentive, and the food for the price was okay. I just wasn't impressed, especially knowing first-hand what the quality of the competitor in their joint parking lot has to offer. I do know that I'd not choose the ribs again if I go back there to eat - they were disappointing.

• Visited September 2013
USA
“Great food and very friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went to this Applebees while in Lancaster and feel as though this is one of the best I have been to! The food is delicious and tasted very fresh!

The waitress was wonderful and very helpful. While it was crowded, my family and I did not feel rushed at all.

Another plus is that this location is open later than some of the other restaurants so if you are hungry at night, you can stop here!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Christine C
Providence Forge, Virginia
“One of the better Applebees”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We enjoyed lonch here and I like theirOriental Chicken Salad and theirs was the best I have had, fresh, crisp and very tasty. The server Ashley was very friendly and took good care of us

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank richiepug
Sykesville, Maryland
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The food and service were ok but nothing to write home about. They brought the wrong menu item for my meal but quickly took care of it. No manager visit to the table after the mistake nor an apology from my server. Just treated it like it was the norm. Was not busy either and Manger was on the floor. Rest of visit was pleasant and I was reading so I was not inconvenienced but just seemed like they did not care.

Visited August 2013