“Just Average”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had promised my dining companion ribs and we had been planning to visit a competitor to this location for our promised lunch, only the other location was not open for lunch. We decided to eat lunch at Applebee's because they also had ribs on their menu, and we had set ourselves up to really wanting to have ribs.

The very best thing about our meal was the mozzarella sticks appetizer. They came from the kitchen nicely hot, and they were filled with obviously high-quality cheese. The marinara sauce on the side had a nice flavor as well.

We each ordered the honey BBQ half-rack of ribs, that came with cole slaw and fries. The menu also listed a sweet and spicy sauce flavor, but upon asking our server, we were told that it had a bit of a kick, while the honey BBQ was sweeter.

The ribs had a fair amount of meat on them, but the sauce was not as sweet as we expected, and also had a bite to it that made it spicier than we would have preferred. The French fries were obviously made with fresh cut potatoes. They were a bit TOO crisp and had absolutely no flavor (I actually added ketchup to mine, which I seldom do!).

All in all, our server was attentive, and the food for the price was okay. I just wasn't impressed, especially knowing first-hand what the quality of the competitor in their joint parking lot has to offer. I do know that I'd not choose the ribs again if I go back there to eat - they were disappointing.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went to this Applebees while in Lancaster and feel as though this is one of the best I have been to! The food is delicious and tasted very fresh!

The waitress was wonderful and very helpful. While it was crowded, my family and I did not feel rushed at all.

Another plus is that this location is open later than some of the other restaurants so if you are hungry at night, you can stop here!

2  Thank Christine C
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We enjoyed lonch here and I like theirOriental Chicken Salad and theirs was the best I have had, fresh, crisp and very tasty. The server Ashley was very friendly and took good care of us

1  Thank richiepug
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The food and service were ok but nothing to write home about. They brought the wrong menu item for my meal but quickly took care of it. No manager visit to the table after the mistake nor an apology from my server. Just treated it like it was the norm. Was not busy either and Manger was on the floor. Rest of visit was pleasant and I was reading so I was not inconvenienced but just seemed like they did not care.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Waiters who act as if they are doing you a favor by stopping at your table to throw down your food, a noise level that explodes with screaming kids, belly laughing teenagers, not to mention unattended children running back and forth, between tables. Unfortunate, but after all, we came to eat, and tried to ignore the distractions. However, we gave up on the positive attitude once the potato twister appetizer appeared. Limp and undercooked, it was impossible to dip them in the accompanying cheese dip. Poor management will keep us from coming back to this restaurant, especially when there is a much better member of the Applebee family in nearby Ephrata. It's worth the additional 15 miles down the road.

1  Thank Robert C