Ichiban Japanese Steak
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I made a reservation for New Year's Eve day - for a 4:30 reservation for 8 people. I was told they would be using the regular menu and no other restrictions were given to me. We arrived for the reservation ON TIME with 6 of our 8 guests - and told the "host" that the other 2 people were on their way. He refused to seat us until the others got there and said he was going to need the table in one hour. We had an event that we needed to attend and were definitely paying attention to our timing... We asked to be seated so we could have cocktails and order appetizers while we were waiting for the others .Again the "host" said we must wait for the others..and added that he needed the table in an hour. I finally went to him again and asked to be seated so we could get started. He seated us but told us AGAIN that he needed the table in an hour. We went ahead and ordered cocktails and appetizers. We had just gotten our drinks and before our appetizers were even delivered (which were already ordered), he came by the table and told us he was going to need our table in 45 minutes. We passed the appetizers around to the 8 of us - and told the very courteous waiter that we would like the check. The waiter shared with us that he was sorry for the man's behavior and that the man is not the owner. I waited for our group to leave and then told the "host" that there was no excuse for his rudeness. I realize New Year's eve is a busy evening and that is why we made such an early reservation. No one told us that there would be a rushed dinner required to satisfy their greed at turning tables... Their menu is not inexpensive and to be treated so rudely was & is totally unacceptable!!

1  Thank wvgn

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hibachi is always a good time, and I enjoy the show the chef puts on, as well as the quality of the food cooked. There's always plenty to take home for a meal the next day as well. I've read the reviews about the sushi but have never tried it. Maybe I will one of these days.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We love hibachi grills and thought we would try this one out. My friends all ordered the meals that they cook in front of you but I ordered the sushi. Sushi was fresh and delicious and their meals were also very good. Not over seasoned and came with all those yummy sauces! Our chef tried very hard to keep our 1 1/2 year olds attention and make it fun for him and us. He did a great job and was very friendly. Unfortunately we were seated with some rather rude guests, but what can you do! Food and service was great and that's all you can ask for!

1  Thank AmberU60
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is my go-to for sushi in Lancaster. The atmosphere/decor could be improved, but I care more about the food. The prices are cheaper than other sushi restaurants in the area and the sushi is always fresh.

Tip: Sit at the sushi bar. The sushi chef, "Chef Jay," is fun to talk to and will make something off the menu for you if you tell him what you like (i.e. texture, strong flavor, type of fish you prefer, etc.). Also, Clipper Magazine often has coupons.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We eat here a lot and never go away hungry or dissatisfied. Spend the extra dollar or two for the filet, it's worth it. Can usually find coupons in the local paper. Mixed drinks are average, stick with beer. Some foods aren't as well suited to this style of cooking, sonI recommend staying with beef. I see lots of people getting chicken and seafood, but it doesn't lend itself to the method as well. The sushi I've had here is also very good, and I see a air number of Japanese folks getting traditional dishes. Can't explain the negative reviews, we're always very pleased.

1  Thank CDBLeola