“Limited but interesting overall,”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Fast Food, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Fair cheese steak, good fish sub. Tight and dated location but not bad for a small neighborhood sub shop. Limited menu but I like this better than a franchised subway. Not fine dining but good sub on a hungry night.

There are newer reviews for Captain Gus's Steak Shop

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've been coming here since I was a Kid. Capt. Gus was always sitting in the back peeling Onions or cutting up Tomatoes or doing something.... and when we would sit down, he'd come over to our Table and start telling us a Story or two about his Fishing Excursions....... Sadly, Capt. Gus passed away a few months back but the Food is STILL EXCELLENT and his Kids, Nick & Phyllis, still carry on the Business.

You owe it to yourself to visit Capt Gus Steak Shop .... sit down at a Booth and look at the Pictures and newspaper articles all around the Shop and get to know Capt Gus and his Family and see WHYYY he was such a Great Guy who truly CARED about his Customers and made you feel like Family.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

The cheesesteaks are fabulous. Only problem is they are a little on the small size. But the flavor and quality are exceptional!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I look forward to a cheese steak from Captain Gus every time I visit Lancaster. However, this time the sandwich wasn't as good. The bun wasn't as long or thick, cheese was scanty, onions didn't taste grilled like I remember, the sauce wasn't as flavorful, and the meat was scrimped on.

I guess the economy effected the shop. However, Captain Gus was found in the back chopping onions. Swapping story with him is the attraction anymore.

2  Thank Cassie H
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I went to Captain Gus's Steak Shop because a friend recommanded it. I ordered, the cook took my money, then without washing her hands she started handling the food. I requested my money returned and i left. Sorry Captain Gus, but I won't be back, you can have your restaurant, it dirt and your un clean cook.

2  Thank Ricky12345678