“Great food- not to sure about the wine ?”
Review of Carr's Restaurant

Carr's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Carr's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 600 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were going to the Fulton Theatre and wanted to find a good restaurant within walking distance. On arrival we were shown to the rear dining room which was very comfortable and was interesting in that you could see the glassed wine cellar.In looking at the menus we found numerous choices that we liked, However the Wine choice was not what is shown on the web site? 30 wines for under $30 does not exist ? NOT IMPRESSED
We felt misled, so we tried the house cabernet by the glass, very average.
Maybe our questioning of the wine unsettled our waiter, as we never saw him again, until we asked another waitress to find him, so we could order.
From this point on our experience was very good, the food was excellent and our waiter became very attentive, this is certainly a nice restaurant with good food and we will return.
My only wish is that they honor the statement they make on their web site
"Wines don't have to be expensive to be good"

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We recently had dinner at Carr's and were reminded how great it is. We started with the calamari which was excellent. I had the house made goat cheese ravioli - which was recommended by our waiter. He was right - it was amazing!! We ended the night with the chocolate peanut butter cake (the perfect food combination!) and coffee. Everything was absolutely perfect including the very thoughtful service. We will definitely be back soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is our second trip back to Lancaster and we had to go back to Carr's. We were not disappointed. The service is very attentive and the ambience is very quiet and relaxed. Our meals were superb! And the coffee was amazing -- the best in Lancaster. Carr's will certainly be a regular stop whenever we visit Lancaster. A perfect dining experience!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Three of us had excellent lunch today. Our guest had the chicken and rice soup and turkey sandwich. Simple, right? But he said both were excellent. My wife had the fourminute steak and it was delicious. I had themeatloaf and it was one of the best. And the fries were great. Portions were very large and prices were reasonable. Little things were also good. Bread was hot, crusty and tasty. Decaf was delicious. Table was beautiful with upholstered chairs. Decor was lovely. Complaints aboutbeing downstairs are absurd. Go and see for yourself. You will be happy you did.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Have been to Carr's on another trip to Lancaster and had to go back. The food is delicious and the presentation is impressive. I try to pick entrees other than chicken out at restaurants, but I had to try the organic chicken breast after reading the description. The polenta that came with it was so creamy and tasty. The roasted corn and spring peas were a nice compliment to the meal and the tomato jam was yummy too. I'm embarrassesd to say that I ate every bite. Also shared the peanut butter chocolate cake with my mom and sister. The portion is small, but it is very rich, so one was more than enough to share. Lastly, the coffee was delicious as usual! I usually use flavored creamer in my coffee, but just cream and sugar with Carr's coffee is all you need. Carr's will always be a regular stop for us.

2  Thank Christina G