“We Will Definitely Be Going Back”
Review of Carr's Restaurant

Carr's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Carr's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 600 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

From the moment we walked in the door we felt welcome! It's always disconcerting to go to a restaurant for the first time then leave feeling like no one cared if you dined there are not. This is absolutely not the case at Carr's. Everyone was attentive and friendly but not intrusive.

The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing, bordering on elegant, without being pretentious. The tables are set with crisp linens and candle light. Our waitress immediately filled our water glasses, told us about the specials of the night then gave us the right amount of time to enjoy our perfectly chilled dirty martinis served with 3 very large olives before she returned to take our order.

My husband and I shared the appetizer of the day, a Polenta and Seafood Scrapple. On my gosh! We've can't stop raving about how amazing it was. Even the dinner rolls are something to brag about at Carr's. They are crusty individual round loaves of deliciousness. Our entrees were cooked with great attention to ingredients, flavor and beautiful presentation. I chose
Medallions of Veal Oscar with parma ham, fresh mozzarella cheese garnished with asparagus and jumbo lump crab on lemon butter sauce. My husband had Grilled Salmon Fillet on crab and roasted red bell pepper bisque and asparagus. I can highly recommend both of these outstanding dishes.

It takes about an hour and a half to get to Lancaster from our home but I know the driving time will not prevent us from dining at Carr's again and again.

2  Thank Roni J

Reviewed September 27, 2012

There did not seem to be many restaurants in the area, and Carr's was recommended by the hotel. The service was excellent. Our server was attentive and fun. I certainly did not expect the excellent wine list. I had seafood and steak and it was delicious. Excellent coffee and dessert. Would recommend highly.

1  Thank Judith M
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We found Carr's more by chance than design. Lancster does not seem to have too much to offer above fast food and bar's, so we were glad to find Carr's. The menu is varied, but just a little pricey. Service was good.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Very nice decor, great environment... cool bar upstairs...

Cocktails were fabulous... make sure you ask Kate to do you something with St. Germain (I love St. Germain and so does she and she makes some great cocktails with it!).

Tried a few different items on the menu that were a twist on local Lancaster specialities... all were very good and very tasty...

Chocolate expresso ganache was excellent.

Wouldn't hesitate to go back... HIGHLY recommended...

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We visited Carr's again earlier this week. It remains the best in town. My swordfish steak was a beautiful specimen, done to perfection. My Martini was just right , smooth and dry. The accompaniment to my swordfish, melon balls and quinoa, added taste and color while keeping the dish light. Professional service!

2  Thank TheRealDesertFox