“Great food and service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Loved the many choices on the menu, and the seating was kinda private in places. it s a definite stop for dinner whenever we visit Lancaster

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Let's put it this way: as an European who traveled in 4 continents and has moved to USA about 1,5 years ago... This was the best meal we had out of our own house!
The steamed clams are just perfect, the sauce, oh the sauce... We just wished we had more bread to dip on it.
And the bouillabaisse... Just to die for. The only thing missing? Expresso.
I shall return!!!

1  Thank Mjnfs
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place late (10pm) on a Sunday. We stumbled upon the Brasserie. A restaurant with a bar. The dining area was closed when we got there, but they let us know the full menu was available from the bar tables which worked for us.

Our waitress was VERY busy. Very nice and polite but it was clear they needed another waitress to be working as well.

The food was great, very unexpected for sitting in the bar. Fresh and delicious.. oh yeah and great portions.

We will be back and we recommend it highly.

Our only downside was the slow service.

1  Thank BD_FDNY
Reviewed October 22, 2013

After a long day, we asked at the hotel desk to recommend a nearby restaurant. They recommended The Brasserie. A bit skeptical of such recommendations, we were very pleasantly surprised. Service was excellent, food was wonderful, and atmosphere just what we wanted. I ordered the crab cakes, large portion, and enjoyed the second one the next day. When I asked how about the size of the crab cakes, the waiter demonstrated that they were about 4" in diameter. He did not mention that they were in fact round, and the size of a baseball. Mostly crab meat with a bit of flavorful filler. Will return to this restaurant when we are in Lancaster.

1  Thank Robert D M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was my family's first trip to Lancaster. We went there to take our two year old son to Dutch Wonderland. We got a hotel and decided to look for a place to eat dinner the night we arrived. Our hotel recommended that we go to The Brasserie since if we showed them our key card, we get 10% off. We said, sure, why not. What a horrible mistake.

First of all, the food was actually good. But what made our experience a nightmare was our waitress (Jaslynn). God bless her, she wasn't mean, but she had NO CLUE how to be a good waitress. First, we sat down and probably waited about 15 minutes before she finally came by to introduce herself. Took our order. I ordered a glass of wine and that came about half way into dinner. But before that, as our dinner was arriving, I asked her, "uh, I ordered an appetizer. Why is my dinner coming out before my appetizer??" She looked confused and said she'll put that order in right away. It was obvious she didn't put the order in even though she wrote it down. I told her to forget it and cancel the order. She came to check on our food once and when she came by I asked for another glass of wine. She said sure. That wine never came until I finished my dessert. I told her to cancel that wine as well. She said sorry and looked very flustered. The other thing my wife noticed (she used to be a waitress) is that when Jaslynn came by to check up on us, she was holding plates of food in front of her, obviously for someone else. I didn't know this, but my wife said the rule is to put the food down/serve them first BEFORE you go around asking people how everything is. She said this is so that your spit doesn't get on other people's food.

My son's food was off of the children's menu and it came with main course and a dessert. His dessert name came I flagged our waitress down and asked and she had no idea it came with dessert although the menu clearly states that. She said she'll check on it and finally came back with his dessert.

With everything that went wrong, we just wanted to pay the bill and get out. Again, I had to flag her down (since she never came by except that one time with other people's food) again and asked for the check. As we were walking out our waitress was right in front of us. All of a sudden, a lady walks to her looking really angry and says to her, "WE'RE READY TO ORDER NOW!" Then literally 2 seconds after that, another lady storms straight to our waitress and says, "CAN I PLEASE GET MY SECOND DRINK THAT I ORDERED 20 MINUTES AGO??"

It was obvious we weren't the only table that got horrible service from her. This reflects poorly on the restaurant on their lack of ability to train people properly. We won't go here again even if we go back to Lancaster.

6  Thank kwondogg