“5 Stikes Your Out....”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“5 Stikes Your Out....”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Let me start by stating that I seldom ever write a bad review because I don't have the time but when I do it is because I really feel very strongly about it. So with that in mind here goes. I have gone to The Brasserie quite a lot over the last 4 yrs and I loved it but it seems over the last two yrs the food and service has gone down hill. Especially the service. I usually eat in the bar area, most of the time it will be on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon but I have found the service getting worse. My latest example and the last straw is last Saturday my boyfriend and I took my father to lunch at The Brasserie, we sat at a table in the bar area of which had maybe 5 tables occupied but it took 15 minutes before the waiter even came over to us to ask about drinks, of which the bartender had already taken care of, and to give us menu's, we didn't see him again for 20 minutes and when my boyfriend started asking some questions about the menu the waiter was making faces like "hurry up I've got things to do" when we finally got our food but my father had already had 5 drinks of which the bartender took care of and wasn't hungry anymore but more important we didn't get any utensil's or napkins, just how were we to eat our food, after many attempts to get the attention of the waiter we made do with our soup spoons and napkins from the bar of which we had to get ourselves by the time we finally could get the attention of our waiter to get these we got them when we were finished and when I said something to him he said "Lady don't you see I'm a little busy here.(!@#$%^&*) WHAT!!! What is so sad is we were not the only ones that had to ask for utensils.... We had come in that day and the 4 times before saying maybe it was just a bad day and the restaurant was just short staffed because someone called in sick, but 5 times, no way, apparently this is the norm, we walked out saying NEVER AGAIN!!!!. Unfortunately to my disappointment it was voted to have our "Ladies of Harley" meeting in your restaurant this evening (9/20) I wish I was there the day this was voted on, I would have made sure this did not happen. So again I find myself going to your restaurant this evening and paying for horrible service. But be assured it will not happen again and I intend to tell the whole group my story and will Never recommend your restaurant again to anyone.
Get your act together owner I have a lot of friends......

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Cora C

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great Food Good Service”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Met my realitor here for dinner and had a great dining experience. I have been back more than 3 times since then.

Ewing, New Jersey
“Food was over cooked”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Service could have been better. Waiter was not attentive and forgot several requests. The food was over cooked. The outside seating was nice.

• Visited August 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Very tasty food”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner here tonight after a recommendation from our Hotel. We decided to eat on the back porch. I had a side salad and the Mahi Mahi which was cooked on a plank board. This came with roasted vegetables, rice & beans, and some artichoke side dish. Very tasty. My wife had the tomato bisque soup topped with cheese which was delicious. She finished this off with a ham & arugula, cheese, and date preserve sandwich which was very original. The service quality is somewhat suspect as we had a young girl who obviously was new.

Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
“Comfortable, relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our hotel recommended this restaurant as one of the few non-chain restaurants in the area. We decided to sit on the deck and had a great experience. We liked it so much we went back two nights later and had another great experience. Our server, Jason, remembered us and thanked us for returning. He made great suggestions for our meals, which did not disappoint. Everyone was also very attentive to our two small children. It was a casual, comfortable and relaxing night out.

• Visited July 2012