“Everything tasted the same”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #77 of 593 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went with coworkers for buffet. Very excited to try Indian. No description on any dishes of what I was getting. Nothing had the flavor of curry. Kinda disappointed at the price considering the coffee was charged. Others in my party said it was included at one time. :(

1  Thank Hereinlanc

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I have been to the Taj Mahal many times. Last evening we took some friends for their first taste of Indian food. Again, we were not disappointed.

Excellent food with a wide choice of vegetarian, lamb, chicken and seafood dishes. Great Naan. Good service

We were there on a Saturday evening and they had live music. A man playing the Sitar. Very professional.

Also, the Monday evening buffet is a good experience, especially if you want to sample a bunch of different dishes.

Highly recommended

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This restaurant, although it is a bit off the beaten track, is absolutely worth a visit. The Indian food served here is the best for miles around and beats Indian food I've eaten in NYC and other major metropolitan cities. Very authentic, reasonably priced and very friendly Indian serving staff.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a really consistantly good Indian restaurant. We tried the buffet and it was mediocre. However, order from the regular menu and you won't be disappointed. Everything is made to order and they will make it as spicy as you want. Pretty much everything I've tried has been spectacular. The seafood is fresh and the vegetables taste like they were just picked. They offer excellent homemade icecream too.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were really eager to try this restaurant as we have never had indian cuisine but heard really good things about this restaurant. We went on a Sunday for lunch but there was a buffet set up - I asked the host if that was our only option and he said yes - so went with it. It was really just okay. But while we sat there we saw food coming out to people who ordered off the menu - when I asked the host about this he apologized profusely as he had misunderstand what I asked and offerred to make something to go free of charge. We did not take him up on this offer but would try this place again to order from the menu - that food looked really good!