“The buffet was really just okay”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #78 of 586 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were really eager to try this restaurant as we have never had indian cuisine but heard really good things about this restaurant. We went on a Sunday for lunch but there was a buffet set up - I asked the host if that was our only option and he said yes - so went with it. It was really just okay. But while we sat there we saw food coming out to people who ordered off the menu - when I asked the host about this he apologized profusely as he had misunderstand what I asked and offerred to make something to go free of charge. We did not take him up on this offer but would try this place again to order from the menu - that food looked really good!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

The buffet is heavy on vegetable dishes which were freshly prepared. The problem -- and a big one for me -- was the almost complete absence of spicing in all of the selections. I assume they have to cater to local tastes. A tub of "hot, spicy sauce" was available but why bother?

Dinners are better spice-wise because you can order mild, medium of hot.

So, 4 stars for dinner, 2 for buffet equals 3 stars overall.

1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Lunch buffet has an excellent selection of Indian specialities. Food is well prepared and flavorful. Friendly, attentive staff. Good location and parking.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Good:
-The Price is right!
- The Lunch Buffet was insanely Good
- The Servers and owners are the best ever, friendly, and understanding...very polite
- Very Clean
- Good Decor
- Nice Music
- Did i say that The Food was AMAZING!

The Bad:
- A little bit hidden and hard too find

Reviewed July 2, 2012

During a recent visit my uncles took us out for dinner at the Taj Mahal in Lancaster, PA. The food was terrific! Our small group ordered and shared an array of appetizers and entrees. The food tasted extremely appetizing and fresh. Each dish had its own distinct flavor and unique deliciousness. The delightful aromas in the restaurant will fill your senses and make your mouth water. All I can say is that the chefs here really know what they’re doing. I will definitely hit up my uncles again for dinner there.

As far as the service goes, I felt the staff was very friendly, quick and courteous. For instance, some of us were not specifically familiar with Indian food in general. However, the staff was very helpful in answering questions and guiding some of our choices. Moreover, this restaurant has a calm and relaxing atmosphere. The décor is gorgeous!

I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants to eat a fantastic meal with a unique flare.