“excellent place for dinnner”
Review of Symposium Restaurant - CLOSED

Symposium Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

For some reason, this place has vastly improved since our last visit several years ago. We both had the veal parm and it was excellent, very large portions. The marinara sauce was superb, thick and tasty. The last time I had it, it was like tomato soup. Fresh baked rolls, excellent cocktails and great service. Plan to return soon and try some of the other menu items.

During the course of our dinner, the owner visited our table several times and asked how everything was. Very impressive.

1  Thank MacDonald S

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We found this in the AAA book, and it turned out to be an excellent choice. When we checked the restaurant site on-line, they had a coupon for the second meal at half price ... but, we didn't have a printer. So, when we got to the restaurant, we told our tale to the waitress, and she said that happens often, and gladly gave us a coupon!
The menu is large and varied, including a number of Greek dishes. The restaurant is quiet, service is good, and the entrees are fairly priced. Both of our meals were excellent, and they pour a nice glass of house wine.
If you are looking for a moderately price restaurant with a good value. this is worth a stop.

1  Thank Jack M
Reviewed August 24, 2013

First visit on a very quiet evening. The atmosphere is perfect for a date: neither too fancy nor too casual. The prices are a bit more than say a TGI Fridays but there are enough moderately priced choices that you can enjoy a really nice evening out without breaking the budget (the night I was there they had lobster tails for $19!). The service was delightful and very personalized. Everything we said to the waitress she remembered and tailored our dining experience to suit.

I ordered the crab cakes and they were perfect. They consisted of chunks of crab meat with no apparent filler (how do they keep them together?). I usually ask to have mine broiled and forgot this time. Not to worry! They were lightly fried to a lovely golden color and the oil or butter gave the crispy outer edge a slightly sweet taste. There was nothing to take away from the flavor of the crab.

The entree was preceded by a salad: varied spring greens, slice of tomato, slice of cucumber, bit of onion. Just enough to whet your appetite but not fill you up.

The vegetable of the day was green beans: done crisp but not crunchy.
The only disappointment was the rice which I did not care for.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went with girlfriends for a week-night dinner. The venue itself is huge, so there's hardly ever a problem getting a table. We were seated immediately and waited on immediately. The menu had a few things that brought up questions, but the waitress knew her stuff. They make an excellent baked tomatoe soup, and the wings were spiced just right. All in all, a great spot for dinner with friends when you want to catch up. I've been there when they've had live music and I can't recommend that unless you're into the pick-up scene. So find a night when it's quiet and you can enjoy great food with good friends.

2  Thank cap561
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I enjoy the atmosphere at the symposium, romantically lit, quiet and always get the greek food.
My boyfriend and I shared the peanutbutter pie which is really smooth and rich.

3  Thank JoAnn C