“Decent food, very slow service.”

Lombardo's Italian American
Ranked #256 of 600 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We arrived on Saturday night without a reservations. The host told us he could seat us in about 45 minutes. We returned in 40 minutes and we were seated promptly. The wait staff was very good. The food was good, but not great - what I would expect for the modest price. However, the service is agonizingly slow. While appetizers and salads came out in normal time, it was almost an hour between appetizers and entrees.

Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband and I had an absolutely delicious dinner at Lombardo's while visiting Lancaster last weekend. We walked past the restaurant while staying at the nearby Lancaster Arts Hotel, so decided we'd try it for dinner that night. What a find! Being fromNorth Jersey, we have so many good Italian restaurants in our area, and Lombardo's would stand tall among the very best. Their sauce (we call it "gravy") was sensational, and right now, I'm wishing for another plate of their home-made, hand-rolled ravioli. The service was down-home friendly and the prices were very reasonable. Wish Lombardo's was in our area--it would be on our list of favorites.

Reviewed May 9, 2010

We came to Lancaster to meet midway for a family dinner. We found Lombardo's on our GPS because the place we were to go was overbooked. Not having reservations on a busy Saturday night, Mike told us he would do his best and he did. The food was traditional southern italian cuisine. Ravioli's were handmade, veal was fresh! The best was the cheesecake. It was the creamiest I've ever tasted.

Reviewed November 17, 2009

WOW, what can I say, I've had the egg plant parm., the lasagna, and spag. with pepperoni sauce and they were all great. It's a fun place to go with friends.
PJ, Pennsylvania

Reviewed October 16, 2009

I always steer away from chain restaurants when traveling, if possible. The hotel recommended this as the best local Italian restaurant in the area. Added to the rating it has on TripAdvisor, I was good to go. Wow! What a let down. They have been in business for 60+ years and the facility looks like the last remodel was in the early 1970’s. Atmosphere was pretty much like an Old Country Buffet or Denny’s? The owner suggested we try the house specialty, handmade ravioli. Wow! What a let down. It was bland and completely unappealing. Overall, I have to think their version of Italian is a local favorite for a reason. Coming from a city with a rich Italian heritage and restaurant district, I look for more than run of the mill 1950’s bland Italian.

1  Thank tmnkwd