“Lombardo's - nothing to write home about”

Lombardo's Italian American
Ranked #149 of 578 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
South Carloina
“Lombardo's - nothing to write home about”
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Advised by the staff of a local hotel we visited Lombardo's. The service was prompt and friendly. The Salad and garlic bread were tasty but that was the end of anything with a flavor. My wife had a pasta dish with hot sausage and I had a New York Strip neither of which had much flavor (we expect an Italian tomato sauce to have a rich garlic flavor). My experience with Italian food (which Italian cuisine is by far my taste of choice) of all sorts is richness and this food was just bland. After having the opportunity to explain this to the waitress and sending three quarters of each meal away i was really disappointed when the bill arrived reflecting the full charge.

2 Thank olesouthernboy

Lancaster
“Food Ok, but the atmosphere...”
Reviewed July 3, 2009

My wife and I went to Lombardo's not too long ago after I've been hearing about this place for YEARS, but never went. It was "ok." My wife and I place ATMOSPHERE heavily. When I say "atmosphere" I mean the actual interior designing...the walls were blah...no mood lighting, etc. I felt a little "packed in." It sort of took away from the food. I say "eh" at best.

1 Thank lancguy1
Connecticut
“Fine for family style Italian...”
Reviewed August 10, 2008

...but if you're looking for haute cuisine, this is not the place. Menu is simple and most entrees are very good. Very reasonably priced. Friendly service, as they're into the 7th decade of family ownership.

El Paso, Texas
“OK”
Reviewed April 5, 2008

The baked lasagna resembled a haphazard mixture of pasta, sauce, and meat, while lacking any sign of cheese; it was uninspiring. I must say that the tiramisu was quite good.

1 Thank FedTraveller
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Tried my first escargo here!!! Nice for an "adult only" night out or birthday!”
Reviewed December 14, 2007

Tried my first escargo here!!! Nice for an "adult only" night out or birthday!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook