“Coolest bar in town.”

American Bar & Grill
Ranked #136 of 586 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 20, 2011

American Bar and Grill, or ABG/ABAG as it's known to its regulars is one of my favorite spots to come for a bite to eat. Their wings are AWESOME. They are 40 cents everyday after 4 pm. With 15 different wing flavors, everyone will be satisfied. The wings are always well cooked and plump and juicy.
The service is excellent. Jason acts as both bartender and dj; Amanda, Kerri and Jess give attentive and friendly service.
The place is decorated with old newspapers, drawings and posters.
Overall, it is such an awesome place and I highly recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Ossuraanairda

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have a long but punctuated history at ABG.

As a (relative) youth, a bunch of us guys went in there on wing night to eat suicide wings (and prove our manhoods). One of the guys would eat a half stick of butter prior to the wings in the belief that it dampened the affects of the hot sauce. Alas, the days of a mis-spent youth!

Later, I met my future wife and we would go there for casual dinner date before going out on the town. I guess the dates worked because we got married and a year later we had a little boy. A year or so after that, we tried going back to ABG with the baby, but it just wasn't the same. Now we had to worry about the smoke and the noise. After a few attempts, we gave it up.

Moving now 10 years to the present...... a few months ago, a friend suggested we try ABG again. Somewhat apprehensively, we went back. To our surprise, the place is really nice! Smoking is gone, of course. The place is much cleaner than I remember. Restrooms are immaculate. And in this trying economic environment, the prices are most reasonable! Happy hour beers are $1.50-$2.00---almost unheard of prices these days. Wings are 35 cents apiece all day. The wing flavors are better than before, I am still sampling my way through the list, but so far-no disapoinments. The service is very good (it always was). They also have a lot of other specials that I will be investigating in the future.

In closing, in the last few months I have recommended this establishment to a number of other people. I keep their laudatory text messages on my cell phone as proof of my opinion of this establishment.

1  Thank biged555
Reviewed June 7, 2010

"SEVERELY UNDERRATE"..???... REALLY!!!!!......MORE LIKE SUPER OVERRATED‎

Surfing the internet for: "the best wings in Lancaster, PA" I stumble with this great comments about this place. So I decided to take my girl to eat here. Boy!!!! was I in for a disappointment. We go in and sit, waited for ever to be served the soda tasted funny, the wings were over cooked and dry, the fries were over cooked to the point of burnt. Seriously the fries were so bad that when I took a bite I almost broke my tooth. Then I ask the waitress to plz box the left over wing and he said to me: "Oh we can't let you take the left overs because is wing night and they are $0.35 cents each." .............OK............. We where better of going to Stubby's Bar & Grill.

Reviewed November 24, 2009

This is a cozy bar atmosphere with surprisingly, due to its' location, amazing food and wonderful service. If you get the chance, stop in here. It's generally filled with a regular croud, but it is welcoming to anyone who sets foot inside. Great selection of alcohols, just about anything you can think of, and one of the few places I've encountered to have bitters! Great specials on beer, mixed drinks and food. Everything on the menu is tasty, except for taco night, that could be trouble, but also it's kind of expected when you're paying .75 cents each for them! You get a serious bang for your buck here. The bartenders are friendly and even make time to converse every now and again. You feel good stepping out of that place no matter what.

1  Thank TasteCairo