“Delicious and delightful dinner”
Review of Gibraltar Grille

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Race Avenue
Description: For twenty years Gibraltar has delivered extraordinary dining and magnificent memories, offering the ideal setting for the perfect special occasion, or no occasion at all. Casually elegant, inspired, fresh and ever changing, we’ve refined the traditional Gibraltar style you’ve come to love, and invite you to experience the evolution. Gibraltar offers a stunning wine bar and lounge area, where good company abounds, and new friendships await. Enjoy 25 wines by the glass, a unique wine list, expertly crafted seasonal cocktails and a selection of fresh, local craft beers on tap to enhance our celebrated raw bar, bar menu or full dinner menu. Join us in our relaxing, contemporary new home, conveniently located in the Shoppes at Worthington, just off the Oregon Pike
Reviewed June 10, 2019

We requested a quiet area and were seated in the wine room and actually had the room to ourselves. Emily was an excellent server and accommodated any requests or questions we had. My husband and I ordered the halibut with creamy porcine mushroom sauce and asked to substitute rosemary roasted potatoes instead of the rice and asparagus instead of the stir fry and that was no problem. My mother in law enjoyed the lobster fettuccine. All our dinners were delicious and it was a relaxing evening with great service!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank lori k

Reviewed May 28, 2019

We came here for a birthday dinner and booked ahead of time (through TripAdvisor actually!) We were seated immediately and our waitress was courteous. She didn’t really chat much, but did check in with us a few times and answered all our questions. We got the Plateau seafood platter. It was much smaller than we expected and for $65, we were hoping that at least the crab wouldn’t be overcooked. I got the special halibut for the night. Also nothing impressive, but still delicious. The corn sauce was very creative, but not overpowering. My sister got the scallops. They were really big! And my mother got the yellow fin tuna, which was very delicious. We had our fun with the desserts, and got the coffee ice cream (starts with an “A”), the berry cheesecake, and the crème brulee. We loved the coffee dessert and the crème brulee. The berry cheesecake, on the other hand, was a bit overdone with the oreo base, chocolate on top, and cream too!

Overall, I felt like the meal was enjoyable, but I wish the food was a bit more creative in terms of the combinations of tastes and presentation. The seafood was underwhelming, which I was hoping would be the highlight of the visit. I probably would not come back.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 19, 2019

We came here it was highly recommended by a couple of people where we were sightseeing. The place was nice, seemed clean, wait staff ok, Hostess that answered phone was awesome. Pricing was high but if you get good food you never mind paying higher for it. The appetizers were very good, so we were excited waiting for the main course. That was a disappointment. Out of 4 meals 3 were very bland and not good. The scallops were great. I had shrimp it was overcooked the pasta was overcooked. The other meals were just as upsetting. Maybe the chef was having a bad day.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank jnet0605
Reviewed May 15, 2019

Once again, I often have out of town guests for business meetings/dinners and we have frequented Gibraltar for both lunches and dinners. I recently hosted a group of 20 for dinner and drinks. I considered a fixed menu to include wine which they were happy to accommodate, but they promised me that menu orders would be as cost effective and they could stage service so that we'd all be eating together. When you are eating in a large group, it is very difficult for a kitchen to get all the dishes together and out and still warm at the same time. They pulled it off. The apps and dinners came together. They were hot and tasty. I don't order fish much but I always do at Gilbraltar. It's a large space and they have a private dining area for business meetings/dinners if needed. They also offer an outdoor upscale dining experience (as long as it's not raining). The restaurant is upscale in appearance, very modern and the Italian waiter was the best. I don't know why I only come here for business dinners, my family would love it. And even though the atmosphere and food would make you think that the price would be through the roof, it is not. It is very reasonably priced.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 30, 2019

The seafood was fantastic and the oysters were fresh and delicious. We also enjoyed the appetizers and extensive wine list. The issue for us was the main dishes. My son had the salmon and it was not adequately cooked. I had the trout special and it was very oily. We would return to have the appetizers and oysters but the mains were underwhelming. The service was ok. We were disappointed considering the amount we paid for the meal.

Date of visit: April 2019