“Nice Atmosphere Nice Menu”
Review of Gibraltar Grille

Gibraltar Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibraltar Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 579 Restaurants in Lancaster
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Race Avenue
Description: For twenty years Gibraltar has delivered extraordinary dining and magnificent memories, offering the ideal setting for the perfect special occasion, or no occasion at all. Casually elegant, inspired, fresh and ever changing, we’ve refined the traditional Gibraltar style you’ve come to love, and invite you to experience the evolution. Gibraltar offers a stunning wine bar and lounge area, where good company abounds, and new friendships await. Enjoy 25 wines by the glass, a unique wine list, expertly crafted seasonal cocktails and a selection of fresh, local craft beers on tap to enhance our celebrated raw bar, bar menu or full dinner menu. Join us in our relaxing, contemporary new home, conveniently located in the Shoppes at Worthington, just off the Oregon Pike
New York
“Nice Atmosphere Nice Menu”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Gibraltar has a variety of options on its menu. The bar is great and the overall atmosphere is a definite selling point along with the service of the staff. While the food was good it wasn't outstanding and that makes me feel that it is a little overpriced for the area.

Stevensville, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful birthday dinner”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had the loveliest time at Gibralter this weekend for my birthday. We ordered the mussels and were blown away! The broth and quality of the mussels were sooo tasty with extra bread from the waitress to sop up the juices! I ordered the sea scallops which were sweet and delicious and my husband ordered the whole fish (branzino or something like that) which he devoured. We asked for a wiine to accompany the meal and enjoyed that as well. We didn't feel rushed and truly enjoyed the ambiance, food, waitress. In a nutshell it was one of my favorite meals in a long time.
I highly recommend Gibralter for a special evening!

Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Agreed: the hidden gem is a diamond!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

(Just to build on the comment from "city2country")

We arrived here without further recommendation than the one from .. TripAdvisor while we drived up North. Surprisingly, OpenTable did not show a table available for reservation before 7:30 but we tried it earlier and had no regrets at all !! First of all there is free parking 100 yards from the restaurant which is in a park close to the college fitness center. We were welcomed at the reception and brought to a table outside by a warm and comfortable evening (very quiet since there is no traffic close to the restaurant). Our server, Regina, was just on top of everything and very kind. Personnally, I would recommend for entree the King Salmon with julienne of squash and carrots, on basmati rice with quinoa. It is very tasty and "summerly". Although desserts should only be split (since these are so good!!), I had regrets for not taking an entire portion of the rice pudding together with my espresso...we will have to come back!!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“One of the best in the area”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

(07/09/14)

Gibraltar was recommended by a friend for my wife and I to have her belated birthday dinner out. Easy to get to, it is right across the street from Franklin & Marshall College. This was the first visit for both of us. Other than the recommendation and checking the website in advance, we had no idea what our real world experience would be.

We were immediately welcomed and greeted upon arrival and escorted to the table of our choice. (We had an early dinner so it wasn't crowded.)

Our server (Osmondo??) tended to use immediately and explained a little bit about the restaurant, the wine menu and the entrees. He made several recommendation including some that were not on the menu.

After taking taking our meal order and pouring our wine, the food came rather quickly. While there is fillet on the menu they have a tasty variety of seafood - I wish we could have tried them all. My wife chose the lobster pasta and I had the seared tuna. Both were delicious and made to perfection. Dinner was concluded with a creme brûlée dessert and a candle to honor her birthday.

Bottom line we would highly recommend.

PROS
- Atmosphere (Spanish / Mediterranean)
- Service, especially our server!
- Variety and quality of food
- Upscale but not stuffy feel
- Price reasonable for menu and type if restaurant

CONS
- None

Spring Grove, Pa
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

If I had not had recommendations to try this place, I wouldn't have even know it existed. The location is convenient, and ample parking, but I wasn't sure I was at the right place when I arrived.
Once inside the restaurant, it was lovely. Nice atmosphere and the hostess was friendly. Service was great and food was delicious and reasonably priced.
Will definitely go back and highly recommend!