“Very good restaurant, good food, service is okay but could be better,”
Review of The Belvedere Inn

The Belvedere Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Belvedere Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 611 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Lemon St.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Let me start off by saying we had a good meal and a very great time during our first visit to the Belvedere Inn. We made a reservation requesting a good view of the jazz trio. Our wish was fulfilled. My wife enjoyed her venison meatball appetizer and her blackened sea scallops were seared to perfection. My half-order of mussels came in a well-seasoned Le Creuset pot that contained about two-dozen tasty mussels in a white onion and garlic sauce. My Osso Bucco was tender to the touch and very good, the roasted cauliflower was a great accent. The only issues we had were some service points. We showed up on time for our reservation and were sent off to the bar to wait. After almost 30 minutes and a couple of prods, we were seated at a perfect table to enjoy the jazz. We ordered glasses of champagne to celebrate. Fifteen minutes later, the waitress came back to apologize saying the champagne had to come from the downstairs bar. Ten minutes later she told us the house was out of the bubbly we had ordered. She filled in with a lesser quality champagne which came in minutes. To her credit, she comped us the wine. All and all, we had a very good evening and will return. It just could have been a little smoother.

1  Thank Tusitalatale

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We went there for dinner on New Years Eve. I started with a Lemon-Drop Martini at the bar with Jamie, a favorite bartender. When our table was ready, we met our friends upstairs. They had a Surf & Turf special for $57, which we thought was very pricy. So, my husband and got our own Surf & Turf. I ordered the lobster tail for $37 and he ordered the filet mignon for $32 and we split. So, we got 2 dinners for the price of one. The food was very good.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Delicious meal, service impeccable, restaurant decorated very sophisticated. We hadn't been there for a while, just a wonderful restaurant for a great meal.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just had a birthday dinner at the Belvedere for my daughter and 10 of her friends. We couldn't be happier with the result - they all had a great time. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dinner, and they were treated extremely well. I have also hosted two fairly large business gatherings there in the last 1.5 years (one on the outside deck in the summer). Both events were very successful. I highly recommend the Belvedere for your group celebrations.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

This a wonderful old downtown building that was beautifully decorated inside and out for the holidays. It was very crowded with holiday parties and theatre-goers and thus very loud. I was prepared for slow service because of how busy it was plus our waitress had a ten top seated the same time as us. Not so - other than a bit of a wait for drinks, the service was excellent. We started with a Belvedere signature - grilled Caesar salad, which was wonderful. My wife had the osso buco and I the pork chop, both excellent, both accompanied by delicious sides, and oh so much food. We each walked away with another meal in carry out containers. Prices are average for upscale dining in this area. Hard to believe anyone would come away disappointed.