“Delicious”
Review of The Belvedere Inn

The Belvedere Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Belvedere Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 591 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Lemon St.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Delicious meal, service impeccable, restaurant decorated very sophisticated. We hadn't been there for a while, just a wonderful restaurant for a great meal.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just had a birthday dinner at the Belvedere for my daughter and 10 of her friends. We couldn't be happier with the result - they all had a great time. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dinner, and they were treated extremely well. I have also hosted two fairly large business gatherings there in the last 1.5 years (one on the outside deck in the summer). Both events were very successful. I highly recommend the Belvedere for your group celebrations.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

This a wonderful old downtown building that was beautifully decorated inside and out for the holidays. It was very crowded with holiday parties and theatre-goers and thus very loud. I was prepared for slow service because of how busy it was plus our waitress had a ten top seated the same time as us. Not so - other than a bit of a wait for drinks, the service was excellent. We started with a Belvedere signature - grilled Caesar salad, which was wonderful. My wife had the osso buco and I the pork chop, both excellent, both accompanied by delicious sides, and oh so much food. We each walked away with another meal in carry out containers. Prices are average for upscale dining in this area. Hard to believe anyone would come away disappointed.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The Belvedere Inn had been a restaurant that I had wanted to try for quite some time. I finally had the chance, and decided to take luncheon there with my brother. The adventure began with parking as during lunch patrons are faced with parking meters. It is 25 cents for every 10 minutes, so 12 quarters is probably a safe minimum.

We finally got into the restaurant and were shown to a table. The restaurant itself is lovely. It is a combination of classic elegance and modern chic. Dark woods provided classy, rich colors, contrasted with lighter-colored walls. The top halves of the windows had screens to subdue the sunlight and allowed the restaurant to control the lighting to a large degree. In the midst of this antique-elegance were definite modern flairs. Small hanging lights over the tables and mirrors hedging the fireplace reminded us that we were still in the twenty-first century.

To start with, we ordered the Thai lettuce wraps (something my brother had gotten before and had been greatly impressed with) and a grilled Caesar salad. The presentation of the salad was quite well done. The dressing itself was rather mild, without much of the tang. There was also far too much of it, which even overwhelmed my taste for more liberal amounts of salad dressings. My brother’s appetizer also mirrored the chef's weakness for overdoing sauces; the filling for the lettuce wraps sat in a pond of overpowering sauce.

The entree was disappointing. I ordered the tenderloin tips with gorgonzola over pasta, hoping it would have a rich sauce. Instead, the pasta was sitting in something the consistency of broth, with pieces of beef strewn on top.

Fortunately, I can say that the service from our waitress was good, as issues were addressed and efficient service was provided. Unfortunately, while the restaurant is lovely the food overall was a letdown. If I would go for lunch again, I would only get a Caesar salad (which are reasonable in price and the reason I give this restaurant an average price value). In the case of the entree, however, I have had much better meals for a quarter of the price. Perhaps lunch is simply a bad time to go, or they had a replacement chef that day. However, our experience put a damper on the very idea of going to a high-caliber restaurant. If one pays more, one expects high-caliber food. In this respect, one really does not get much of it at the Belvedere.

2  Thank Justin T
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Slow service and very loud conditions (which may have been ok if everything else was exceptional).
The upstairs is a piano bar, so if you want to be able to hear the server without him/her practically screaming, then request the downstairs.The appetizers were just ok. The main courses were very average. The cobia fish was tasteless and an expensive bottle of white wasn't chilled properly. My 2 shrimp were overcooked. Half the dinner orders weren't what we ordered, but maybe he couldn't hear us. Champagne was not served in ice bucket as requested.
We had a party of 6, but they added on a 20% gratuity- I don't consider 6 people a large table- anyway, we were pissed to have paid that amount tip for below average service/food.
We were very disappointed as we've been there once before last year (sat downstairs)and it was an enjoyable experience, but his time it was hugely disappointing.

2  Thank Carly H