“romantic dinner for two”
Review of The Belvedere Inn

The Belvedere Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Belvedere Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 591 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Lemon St.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We found the Belvedere Inn by accident as we were staying one night at a local B & B and it was actually not named on their preferred restaurant list. However, someone had reviewed Clementina's and suggested it as an alternative and we are soooo glad we decided to go there. Wow! the ambiance was wonderful, our waiter, Hunter, provided great service and the food was totally awesome. A very memorable way to celebrate my husband's birthday!

1  Thank BG52204

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was my second visit to this restaurant and I agree with all the people that wrote favorable reviews. The first time I visited was with my husband and this time it was with a friend. I was pleased both times with the selection but now know I need to go again to try the grilled romaine lettuce. Lunch between Christmas and New Year is a crowded experience. The teachers are out enjoying their vacation. This time my friend and I went the third week in October and there was plenty of seating. This is an old building and is not handicapped accessible which makes it difficult for my husband to climb the few steps to the main floor. It is also dark inside which I like but not good for a person with sight difficulties. I will continue to visit with my friends. The server was very attentive.

1  Thank romakoc
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were recommended to go there by Marriott Hotel. Shockingly, they were pretty busy already at 6pm on a Thu night but they found us a little table for 2 near the bar. We enjoyed the meal - I had a delicious soup and chicken lettuce cups for appetizer and that was more than plenty to eat - it was a large portion! The waiters were friendly and helpful and we enjoyed the warm ambiance of the restaurant even in the bar section. We were very happy to find such a great restaurant during our mini getaway weekend.

1  Thank myxz
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I had our fist date at this piano bar about 28 years ago and we had not been back in about 25 years so we decided to stop by and check it out during our day trip to Lancaster. We loved the way that the Belvedere Inn has decorated the rooms. It was a Saturday night and the place was packed but we were able to make our way up to the piano bar for a light meal. The food was very good and the bartender, John, made me an "apple pie" martini that was delicious. They had a piano player and two other musicians plus a singer. The music, food and atmosphere were all very enjoyable and we plan to travel back for a full meal sometime soon.

1  Thank civility
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a charming restaurant with excellent choices. We ordered the Rock Fish and Veal Chop specials. It was disappointing that the restaurant had run out of the fish by 7:30. Grouper was substituted and it was delicious. It would serve the restaurant well to improve the quality of the wines by the glass and offer more price variety for wines by the bottle. Perhaps more wait staff is needed because the service was extremely slow. The atmosphere is elegant, but it is very noisy and not conducive to conversation. If I were to return, I would request a table in a corner.

1  Thank ValueGal615