“Charming and delicious”

Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This little vest-pocket restaurant (maybe 10 tables) is a family-run endeavor serving Indian and Nepalese cuisine. It is, by far, the best Indian food in Lancaster. The waitstaff is helpful and informative and attentive. The food is served quickly. The weekday lunch buffet is an incredible bargain. I have Nepalese friends who are very happy eating here and say it is authentic. BYOB. Reservations recommended, especially on weekends. Start with samosas! The pastry is made right here and very tasty.

2  Thank Imabizzybee

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have only eaten here once, but I did enjoy it. They place is pretty small, so you want to try and get there early on weekends.

1  Thank matt p
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

With only 10 or so tables, this restaurant provided a wonderful dining experience for my husband and I. The naan, momo chicken and lamb biryani were amazing.

1  Thank JMarieH
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great food and right in the middle of downtown. It's a nice, tight space that reminded me of the indian restaurants I used to visit in NYC. It's a lively atmosphere and was packed when I visited. I hear it's always very busy.

1  Thank Theresa P
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had been wanting to go to the Himalayan Curry and Grill for some time. Once, when in the area, we stopped in but found that they would have no open tables for hours. This time we made a reservation for the buffet lunch.

We were pleased with the experience all around. We arrived on time and were seated immediately. The drink order was taken and then we checked out the buffet. The buffet was well stocked, the food was hot and the variety excellent. We enjoyed such things as chicken tika masala, Tandoor chicken, basmati rice, naan, potatoes and zucchini, etc. We enjoyed all of it...so much so that we left feeling a bit overstuffed!

The staff was friendly and very efficient. Everything was spotless.

The décor is very fitting with the cuisine, as was the background mood music. The restaurant, however, is quite small. You will need reservations. Also, it can be a bit cramped.

The cost for the buffet was quite reasonable ($10 a person).

We had our son with us...and he immediately suggested we come there to celebrate his birthday, and my wife commented that she found her new favorite restaurant...so we WILL be back probably many times.