“Not worth it, there are better asian restaurants in the area.”

Sukhothai Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 586 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is their new location after moving from Mountville. At the prior location the green curry came out with a strange, unnatural, green color. It tasted okay but I did not feel well afterwards. Nothing serious but it did not agree with me. I did not realize it was the same place when I went to the new location and again ordered the green curry. It still had an off green color (that was my clue that it was the same owners!) although this time I felt okay afterwards. Still it is not authentic and there are better places in the area.

1  Thank thoward9
There are newer reviews for Sukhothai Restaurant

Reviewed October 12, 2013

If you are craving real Thai food, do not go here. Do not get me wrong, some menu items are delicious. I always get the shrimp or squid salad, and the flavors are wonderful. My husband and I also get the calamari or the fresh rolls as an appetizer and both come with delicious sauces. However, if you get a "traditional thai" dish such as drunken noodles or pad thai, the flavors are bland and disappointing as opposed to real thai. The nontraditional dishes such as sweet and sour chicken are also very good- if you are not looking for traditional thai flavors. If you want more flavor for a better price, go to Sa La Thai down the road.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Clearly a popular restaurant. Sensible menu choices, so It's quick to choose. Attentive staff, good food.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I'm Thai (for the record I spent first full 22 years in Bangkok, Thailand before coming to the state), and happened to be in this town for a personal reason. Following good recommendation, there I went. In short, whatever they're selling, it's not Thai food, not even close.

I ordered a simple noodle dish, Pad See-Ew. You couldn't go wrong with this if you want to open a Thai restaurant. It's made almost the same wherever you go. However, they did it badly wrong. The sauce, noodle, meat, and veggie are all wrong. Worse, after my first bite, the taste of it was absolutely horrible. I told the server that this was not Pad See-Ew, but she, an american-born Burmese, insisted that it was. So I asked her if she knows what See-Ew means. Unsurprisingly, she doesn't have a clue.

I've talked to the owner who is Laotian. I told him that I've been in the state for half a decade, and I understand the american-style Thai food. I'm ok with that. But what they're serving, it's not Thai food!!! He hardly has any idea of real Thai food. He asked me to speak softly, so no-one could hear our conversation!!! At the end, I don't have to pay for that, but I didn't eat that anyway.

7  Thank add h
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Both the food and décor at this restaurant are fabulous. The food is fresh and lively and you can specify the level of spice you would like in your meal. Everything I have tried here has been delicious. It is a BYOB restaurant and there is no corking fee.