“Not what I hoped”
Review of Sapori Caffe - CLOSED

Sapori Caffe
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Sapori is a cozy little place with an open kitchen. The owner/chef couldn't be nicer. She had no help the day we arrived for lunch, which slowed things down a bit. I ordered the brisket sandwich and it was very disappointing - very fatty and tough. I kept thinking that I would probably have tossed that cut of meat instead of serving it to anyone.
My companions' meals looked better. One ordered eggplant roll, with ricotta and sauce and while I didn't taste it, it looked good. My other companion ordered a pasta dish, served Italian style with grated parm and just a little sauce. The meatball was flavorful.
I'll probably give the place another try. I'm Italian and have high standards for Italian cooking, so I'll keep an open mind and try again.

There are newer reviews for Sapori Caffe
Reviewed December 7, 2012

It's small and inconspicuous, but this place was the most pleasant surprise. Met my sisters in law there for a bite and a visit last night. The menu is eclectic, a mix of sandwiches, a soup of the day, some pastas and a few other things. Nothing is ordinary! We started with thick, warm home made potato chips served with a mustard sauce, a cup of butternut squash soup with apple and bacon, and a lovely salad with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and a light house dressing. Two of us ordered tuna sandwiches--the most extraordinary tuna sandwich I've ever had. It was grilled and had cranberries and apples in the tuna--yum. They sold out of them while we were there! My SIL's Reuben was made to perfection--a proper Reuben is grilled, not toasted, and the owner corns her own beef! SIL #4 ordered eggplant rolls stuffed with riccotta, Again, to die for. Every dish was subtly flavored, each one unique. Not one thing was ordinary. THEN-- they brought out homemade, still warm apple crumb pie. Tart apples, subtly sweet pie, great crust. It's BYOB, another plus. Take a nice bottle of wine and prepare to be spoiled.

1  Thank LB K