“Average” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #118 of 567 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Noodle King is a traditional, authentic, Vietnamese noodle house. We are the only Vietnamese noodle house in PA that serve Pho the traditional ways. Pho Bac is the original pho dish.
“Average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The interior is awesome it's in an amazing location, but it just isnt on point when it comes to Pho ive had elsewhere, but it is a place that you should check out.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had read a review of "The Noodle House" in the paper a few weeks earlier and had wanted to check it out. Got the opportunity when my husband and I, along with two other couples decided to check it out one night. Are we ever glad that we did! What a great little restaurant! Wonderful Pho, which is what the place is known for, and rightfully so, along with a number of other things, such as the vegetarian egg rolls, as well as the "beef stew" that my husband had. I have to admit, I think that was almost my favorite dish - his! Everything was well prepared, tasty and the servings of Pho were abundant. We will definitely be back! I've heard that they've started featuring Vietnamese "Bubble Tea" recently, so that will be something new to try!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank guamwoman
Gap, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“And I thought i knew what Pho was...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Noodle King was a very pleasant surprise for my taste buds. I have been all over the county trying various Vietnamese and Asian cuisine restaurants and here i thought i had the flavor nailed down. I was surely wrong. My trip to downtown Lancaster, next to the old police station proved to be rather memorable. The small shop with its name and logo affixed to the large window of the store front caught my attention. It was lunch time and considering i have never eaten at this place, i decided to give it a try. I walked into the shop and my attention was first caught by the modern, graffiti like painting on the wall of various sites in Vietnam. The colors are representative of the Vietnamese flag and the theme is something like the left side of the shop is north Vietnam and the right side is the south. The hardwood floors and Smell were extravagant and made for a very modern / artistic like environment that is unique to this eatery.
Now on to the food. When i was seated and given a menu i surprised at the simplicity of the choices. Unlike other places like El Rodeo, who have large cumbersome menus that make it difficult to choose what to eat, this menu consisted of around 10 various dishes, each with sub-categories and differences. For example, the Pho section allowed for the choice of having many different kinds of meats like the beef balls, tripe, slices of raw steak and cooked brisket in the soup or one or two specifically. This was also the case with the rice platters. After reviewing the menu i chose to have my usual for a Vietnamese restaurant. I picked the Pho Dac Biet which is the pho broth with all the meats and condiments. I also ordered 2 egg rolls to go with it.
After waiting for about 5-10 minutes while it was prepared, i was given my egg rolls to start. This egg roll had a different flavor that what you would usually get a Chinese take out. These rolls, according the the owner, are hand made from scratch. along with a spicy duck sauce i was surprised at house flavorful and appetizing these little rolls were. after another 5 minutes my bowl of Pho was brought to my table. WOW! The various flavors of cinnamon, star anise and other seasonings combined with the beef bone marrow that is slowly extracted over hours of boiling came together in my mouth to produce a very astounding surprise of meal. Combined with some Hosen shirachi sauces, made this meal really come together. Every other restaurant in the county i had eaten at before tasted watered down compared to this bowl of goodness. My entire meal, under 10 bucks, tasted like it should have been priced higher. Needless to say, i left a good tip. I departed from there knowing that i have found a new place to indulge myself every now and then with the best tasting, genuine and fresh Asian cuisine this side of the Susquehanna.

• Visited January 2013