“Pleasantly surprised”

Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre is a year-round entertainment facility that performs eight mainstage musicals and four childrens productions each year as well as hosts several tribute concerts. Our theatre seats 370 and we offer a full all you can eat buffet before each show. The buffet menu changes with each show and can be found on our website. There is also a Gift Shop and Art Gallery within the building. We offer special rates for groups of 16 or more and offer special discounts and perks for season subscribers. Let us cater your next special occasion in our Encore Room!
Effort, Pennsylvania
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

We really enjoyed the entire event. The food was quite good, and there was so much of it. No restrictions on how much you care to consume. There are so many selections for dessert. The mixed drinks are very good both in taste and price. The service is great. Every time I got up to go get something else, the used dishes were removed before I returned. We opted for the table for two. which, although being further from the stage, was fantastic since you have plenty of room to turn your chairs to face the stage. The show 'I love a piano', was as good as most musicals I have seen. Strong voices and performances round out a very good evening. Ample parking, and huge clean bathrooms were a plus. I wish we had this venue close to home, but I will return again.

Visited September 2011

New York
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Even the kids loved it1”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

We took a risk and brought the 7- and 9-year-old granddaughters to a matinee lunch buffet and the musical: "I Love a Piano." Tightly squeezed among hundreds of friendly seniors, we anticipated boredom and fidgeting. However, the troupe is so excellent , we were all enthralled and left singing. If all of the productions are this professional--I wish we lived closer!

1 Thank juniemoonie
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Canceled Show Last Minute Because They Wouldn't Have Enough Profit!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

The Dutch Apple Owners Don't believe that "The Show Must Go On!" We had tickets to "I Love a Piano" for our anniversary on Aug 27, 2011. Dinner was to start at 6pm. Myra Gromen, the box office manager, emailed me at 4:40pm saying they cancelled our show and to call if we had questions. No answer at the phone so I emailed asking for an explanation. Myra called me, said THE OWNERS DECIDED TO CANCEL THAT AFTERNOON . . . SINCE THEY HAD LESS THAN 50 TICKETS SOLD AND THEY WOULDN'T MAKE ENOUGH PROFIT!!!!! I told her since I had a 90 min drive, we were already in town and of course she had no response.
There are plenty of other venues in Lancaster. Don't ruin your visit by guessing if your money will be enough for Dutch Apple to decide to perform!

5 Thank JSR813
york, pa
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Good show, ok food, ok service...but they tell you what to "tip" the drink server”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

I went to see "I Love a Piano". The show was good. The food was decent. What I didn't like was they tell you what to tip the waitress that serves the drinks! They tell you to pay $2.50 per person at the table PLUS 15% of your drink cost! Our server was slow when it came to refills. When I didn't put in the "suggested" tip, the waitress came back and pointed out we didn't give the suggested tip!

1 Thank kkitt
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great shows”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

Very generous owners. All the seats are great. Buffet is really good just leave room for the ice cream bar!

1 Thank lyttle6