“Did not meet expectations”

Circle M RV & Camping Resort
Philadelphia
“Did not meet expectations”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed as a "guest" at this campground with friends of ours who are Outdoor World members. We enjoyed being with our friends, but that's where the positives ended for the trip. It was extremely noisy, even after 10 o'clock, an the bathrooms were absolutely filthy. My daughter got bored with the waterpark really quickly as it was crowded, and noisy. The golf course is severly unkept, and needs a lot of work. My biggest complaint is that you cannot reserve campsites at Outdoor World chains. Even if you are a member! That is just ridiculous. I am really perplexed as to why people would pay for a membership for this expensive, noisy, poor excuse for a "resort".

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank SkyPiGG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cape May,NJ
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at Circle M so we could use the water park. Unfortunately the park was open for 4 hours and the air temperature was to cold to enjoy the park. We had to leave because of the unbearable coldness.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank bigkahuana
Idaho
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I kept reading horrible reviews about this campground (one person likened it to a concentration camp) and I have no idea what the problem is. We actually almost cancelled because of the reviews and I am so glad we didn't. The sites were gravel and grass, completely clean. They are not very private but that's really not such a big deal. It was very quiet most of the time. The indoor pool and water park were both very clean and very nice, as for the chlorine complaints, yes there was a chlorine smell but not an overwhelming one where I felt like my lungs or eyes were burning.
We will definitely go again, I honestly can't come up with one complaint and I am not a camper at heart!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank MurphyG423
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We recently joined Thousand Trails, and decided to try Circle M over the Labor Day weekend. This was our first experience there and our last. When we got there, the "prime" sites (around the unsightly long term trailer storage area) were already taken. Already, we're finding out that most of the "prime" sites at these kind of campgrounds are already taken by annual campers, meaning that weekend campers like us are left to choose among the less desirable sites. Anyway, we found a nice, relatively level, site near the creek. Most of the sites along the creek are not very level as some others have reported. After setting up, we realized that we had no water. A report to maintenance was made only to be told that they could not fix it for us. We had to tear down and move to another site along the creek. Many of the creek sites either had no electric or no water or no cable. The creek flooded over a year ago, and these utilities are just now being fixed. One whole section of sites along thee creek were closed. During our stay, we found the pool (indoor and outdoor) to be clean, but the campground was very noisy. We made several complaints to management about barking dogs and loud music, and while one complaint was addressed, others were not. We're hoping that other Thousand Trails campgrounds are better than this one, but as for Circle M, we won't be going back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank sgtrj2003
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I used to come here a lot as a kid and it was always fun. But now it is just really run down. Bring your own tent or trailer because their trailers are NOT kept up with at all. They are dirty and and ours was infested with bed bugs! They were infested in the sofa bed (where we slept) because that is regular bedding, as opposed to the bedrooms that have that plastic type bedding. The small porch attached to the trailer is pretty dilapidated and moldy. They still have the same crappy little shop, game room, miniature golf & indoor water park they did 20 years ago with no updates or improvements. Their prices are a bit outrageous too in my opinion, especially for how outdated and run down it is.

Room Tip: Bring your own tent/trailer because theirs are frighteningly dirty
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank ayameofazuma
mineola, ny
Reviewed August 5, 2012

All the negative reviews of this campground are 100% correct. The managemnet are the rudest people I've ever met at a campground. Thousand Trails should replace all of them. The place is run down, dirty and the sites are not kept up. The lack of help is obvious! We stayed in a rental trailer that was right out of the ghetto. Management failed to state upon arrival that any decent sites/trailer rentals are reserved for "members only". When I stated to management I had a heart condition and could not climb the hill at my rental unit, they stated all the flat and level units were for members only!!!! Not only will I never recommend Thousand Trails / Oudoor World to anybody, I'm copying this review and sending it to the Corporate Offices. Good By / Good Ridence Thousand Trails!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this place!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank nynretired
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Should have listened to all the other reviews. Got to this campground on Friday and I have to say upon entering I was impressed. Looks nice. Then the disappointment started. Was told there were plenty of sites when we drove around there were only 3 left with full hook up like we were promised. All the really nice sites (normal looking sites that I we would camp at other private campgrounds) were all permanents. Place is set up crazy and quite an eye sore. We ended up competing with another camper for a spot (and the spot was not kept up. Grass tall and tents and huge crew right behind us. Then we went to the waterpark. Upon entering we could barely breathe. I made a huge mistake by taking my 1 yr. there. Even though I left within 15 minutes (because my nose was burning), my baby is now sick. Praying it doesn't turn into pneumonia. Coincidence? I think not. The staff said the ventilation system was broken. Hellooo?!! How does is this legal to keep this open then? Even the indoor pool made your nose burn. One kid was taken outside because he had breathing issues. Then they decided to close that down. Another disappointment, they advertise a restaurant. That was also closed during our whole stay. Seriously people? Don't advertise something you don't have! Plus, the playground they advertise can't be used either. Infested with bees. When mentioned to the staff they just laugh and say oh those things won't bug you. Really?!! Don't think I want to chance that with a son who's allergic.

Then the huge deciding factor why not to ever go back? The crowds. I thought I was in inner city ghetto. Foul language, loud music, rude people. Granted the management really has no control over what crowd they attract but they could sure enforce a lot more rules and oversee them better. Then there was camping down by the river. My kids and I went bike riding down there and couldn't even enjoy that. Nasty. There was nothing about this campground I enjoyed or would recommend. We have a card annual membership for this year. I think it is the membership that is drawing these crowds and making campgrounds nasty. We will not be renewing or joining Outdoor World. We are going back to private campgrounds. And if it's cheap we want, I would have preferred a parking lot somewhere in our travels instead of this. It would have been quieter.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family