“Best place for younger kids!”
Review of Dutch Wonderland

Dutch Wonderland
Ranked #9 of 83 things to do in Lancaster
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 35 rides, attractions, and shows, Dutch Wonderland is the perfect place to spend time together as a family. Cool off in Duke's Lagoon water play area and make discoveries at Exploration Island, where dinosaurs come to life!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My kids LOVE this place! They are 5 and 8 and they like the fact that they can ride EVERYTHING without Mom & Dad (which Mom & Dad are thankful for as well). The park is clean, lots to do and reasonable. They enjoy going into the water section at the end of the day as well. Couldn't ask for a better vacation!

1  Thank TrishaL815
Write a ReviewReviews (2,051)
All reviews
in 37 reviews
"six flags"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Have been there twice, summer and also late fall for the "Winter Wonderland" - it's fabulous for kids up to about 8-10 years old!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Thanks for reading my review...first off, my daughter (2 1/2 years old) loves Dutch Wonderland and sings "It's a kingdom for kids" all the time...we went about 7 times over the summer and we live in Baltimore, MD so that alone is saying something...generally speaking the staff there are wonderful too--very polite and courteous and they really enhance the experience...HOWEVER, the last time we went there I purchased some souvenirs (about $40 worth) with a $100 dollar bill at the gift shop, brought them out to the car, dropped them off and then my daughter and I went back into the park for another couople of hours fun before they closed.

On our way out of the park we were met by two police officers and interrogated about using a $100 bill to buy souvenirs. There was a representative from DW present (a young man, maybe 26 year old or so-I believe he was the manager on duty) but he never spoke a word to me. The police officer asked me many questions and kept my daughter and I outside the park for about an additional 20 minutes--he checked other currency from my wallet and explained that the park rep thought the $100 dollar bill I used to buy the merchandise was counterfeit. It was embarrassing and extremely inconvenient for a Dad and his daughter, tired from the day and just wanting to get on the road to home to have to stand there and be gawked at by all the guests exiting the park. My daughter didn't understand what was happening and I was a little aggrevated to say the least. The $100 dollar bill I used was an older one, the kind without the new safeguards to prevent fakes, and I don't think the young manager ever even saw one before. The manager never even apologized for the inconvenience after the police 'let me go'....

A few days after the experience I emailed DW to complain but never heard back from them at all...not good customer service if you ask me. If my daughter didn't like it so much and Sesame Place wasn't so far away I would not go back. Just a heads up to you if you go--leave your old $100 dollar bills at home!

2  Thank Pete T
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We took our two year old here and he had a blast. He loves rides and could pretty much go on everything at the park. We went in the summer and didnt have many long waits even though it was crowded. For the price there are a ton of rides and all were pretty fun by kid standards

1  Thank Temple_Mike