“What did I have to be nervous about...?”

Lovelace Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2010

My husband and I were unable to find a vacancy at any of the hotels in the area, so a Bed & Breakfast was our last resort. We have never experienced a stay at a B&B before, and I was really nervous about it. When you stay in a hotel, you check in, go to your room, and are on your own. When you stay at a B&B, you have to interact with other people. YIKES!
And again, what did I have to be nervous about? Lark and Michael were the friendliest people and made us feel at home immediately. Lark even stood out on the porch and "talked us in" to their place after we became lost enroute. Their home is just beautiful and their hospitality was wonderful. Our room was beautifully decorated and we practically melted into the bed. I can't say enough good about our first B&B experience and would certainly come back to Lovelace Manor again. From the atmosphere, to the warm welcome, to the 5-star breakfast, everything was top-notch.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 21, 2010

This is our fourth visit to the Lovelace Manor. It's a fantastic B&B and Lark and Michael are the reason why we keep coming back. The location is great. The rooms are spotless and beautifully appointed. We always meet fun and interesting people at breakfast. And our hosts have a network of things to do and enjoy - take advantage of them! It's the gold standard for B&B's.

While I've been visiting Lancaster for many years, each time we have a new experience. Lark organized a dinner for us with an Amish family and it was not only delicious but a super experience. I was celebrating my 50th birthday my friend booked a massage as a surprise. Happy Birthday to me! It was the best.

We always leave Lancaster feeling refreshed and renewed. Thanks again Lark and Michael!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Just returned from a weekend stay at Lovelace Manor. We were very pleased as the innkeepers did everything they could to insure we had a great trip. Room included 2 flat screen tv's, high quality linens and towels, sitting area, etc. We would rate the experience a "10" and will certainly return. Breakfast was excellent as well. A fine experience worthy of their high Trip Advisor rating.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2010

My wife and I showed up at 8:00 pm without a reservation and after check in times. However the hosts were very gracious. They offered us a choice of rooms and gave a last minute discount. All the rooms were spacious and beautiful. We chose the Lucasta with a large electric fireplace which we thoroughly enjoyed on a wintery night. Although we were the only guests, they prepared a delicious three course breakfast. They recommended so many places to go that we stayed a second night. My wife is a bird lover and enjoyed watching birds at the feeders outside the dining room
window. I usually don't leave reviews but I wanted to highly recommend Lovelace Manor. From the rooms to the food to the hosts, you won't be dissapointed.

1  Thank LonDogg822
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I have been going to the Lovelace Manor for 8 years in a row. It is the perfect place to relax and enjoy friends or significant others. The details in the house are beautiful, the bedding is soo comfortable, and Michael and Lark are the friendliest people who make the most delicious food. I often go to ben and breakfasts and this has the best breakfasts I have ever enjoyed! I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Michael and Lark are the most gracious hosts and I love everything about the home away from homt they have provided for guests

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PAsuzanne
Reviewed March 10, 2010

We chose Lovelace Manor based on the reviews and it exceeded our expectations. We've stayed at many B&B's and Lark and Michael top them all! From their knowledge of the area to their cooking skills, they are the perfect hosts. Their B&B is immaculate and the rooms are spacious. There is not all the clutter you associate with Victorian B&B's. And the game room is a great bonus. Pool, darts, karaoke, and more. Be sure to try The Loft for dinner, you can't go wrong. We will be back!!!!!!

1  Thank Birdgal13