“Super Stay”

Ranked #5 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Woodbury,CT
“Super Stay”
Reviewed October 29, 2007

From booking our room all the way through our stay, the Lovelace B&B was top notch. Even though we arrived at a ridiculously late hour (due to an insane GPS), Michael was surprisingly accommodating upon our arrival, and our stay only got better. The rooms (one for us, one for my inlaws) were exactly as shown on their website, and were actually more spacious than I expected. Everything was immaculate, quite a feat considering Lark and Michael do everything themselves. The breakfast, though more formal than we've experienced at other B&B's, was delicious and a nice change of pace. In addition, Lark arranged for us a dinner with a local Amish family, which was probably the highlight of our short weekend. Will definitely stay there again if we return to Lancaster County.

• Liked — Clean, comfy, beautiful, and romantic rooms.
  • Disliked — Formality of breakfast (personal preference)
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Teevskis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 25, 2007

Wow! I am a regular business traveler and decided to stay at a B & B for a change. This one had good reviews and I was not disappointed! The room was so cozy and clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The wireless internet and flat screen TV were perfect for catching up on work issues and the breakfast in the morning was unbelieveable! One of the best breakfasts I have ever had and Lark and Michael were the best hosts!

Stayed September 2007
New York
Reviewed August 20, 2007

The Lovelace Manor is a beautiful, meticulously clean bed and breakfast in the heart of Lancaster County. The Innskeepers, Lark and Michael are the nicest people that you will ever meet, always showing the Southern hospitality that they possess. My wife, teenage daughter and myself had the most wonderful time at this bed & breakfast. We can honestly say that this was the cleanest and most beautiful place that we have ever stayed at. Each morning we were greeted with a different and delicious breakfast. We give the Lovelace Manor the highest rating possible and encourage anyone to treat themselves to this marvelous place. Thank you Lark and Michael for a wonderful vacation experience.

Hal, Theresa & KIm.

• Liked — Cleanliness and hospitality
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank HalNewYork
Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 31, 2007

My husband and I wish we had more than one night to spend at Lovelace Manor, where Lark and Michael are the proprietors and hosts. We were traveling throughout the East Coast for vacation and I booked a night in Lancaster, PA. Booking was easy and simple, and Lark got back to me right away.

Lovelace Manor is named after Lark's relative and a poet. Each room is named after one of the poet's many loves.

I'll let the pictures to the talking as far as the old-world charm of the Victorian home. Lark and Michael were the consummate hosts. We loved just hanging out with them in the sitting room, drinking Yuengling and merlot, and talking about food.

The room we stayed in was Lucasta - spacious, comfortable, with a big comfy bed, and lovely appointments everywhere. I loved the handmade soaps. (The shower had GREAT water pressure!) We went to an Amish family's house to eat, which is something the proprietors can set up for you (I would take advantage of the unique opportunity). It's also a fun contrast to lounge in the Victorian rooms while taking advantage of the free wireless and the DVDs that the hosts offer.

Mark and Michael stock the house with teas, coffees, wine and beer, and freshly baked cookies. Their breakfasts are wonderful (just the array of fresh juices were enough for me, but I enjoyed the turkey sausage, strong coffee, french toast and cinnamon butter, too!).

I can't wait to go back to Lancaster, so I can visit again.

• Liked — Everything.
  • Disliked — That we had to leave. The surrounding neighborhood is kinda random, too.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Who Dat?
Boston
Reviewed July 2, 2007

Lovelace Manor - Lancaster, Pennsylvania "Excellent"
Date: June 24, 2007
Reviewer: Wegetaroundboston
We have just returned from a wonderful 5 day stay at the Lovelace Manor in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We can't say enough about this victorian Bed & Breakfast and the owners, Lark & Michael! This 1882 home had so much charm and was just beautiful! The rooms were large, clean and comfortable and the breakfasts were good and filling - in fact we were so full we didn't need lunch! There were a lot of activities in the area and the owners always had suggestions on what to do. If you are planning a trip to Lancaster, we highly recommend this Bed & Breakfast. I believe you will be very happy!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WEGETAROUNDBOSTON
Marin County, California
Reviewed June 29, 2007

My teenage daughters and I stayed with Lark and Michael only one night, but it was lovely. Our room was beautiful and spacious. Lark made arrangements for us to have dinner with an Amish family which was one of the high points of our trip--my girls were shocked to learn schooling ends at 8th grade! My girls were also impressed with the collection of videos available on a bookshelf outside of our room. Everything was so nice, I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Liked — Lark and Michael/room decor
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Franklin, TN
Reviewed June 19, 2007

We stayed 3 nights in the wonderfully restored Victorian bed and breakfast. Lark and Michael were terrific hosts. They went out of their way to us plan our activities- including making reservations for us to eat with an Amish couple.
The room was nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable.
They had a butler's pantry with a one-cup coffee maker for evening coffee or tea, cookies, colas and an assortment of other snacks. They also had chocolates and port in the bed rooms.
We would very much like to go back and visit this wonderful b&b and area of the country!

• Liked — The hosts.
  • Disliked — Only shower in room.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple