“Great Lancaster Hotel!”

Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 9, 2009

This hotel met all of my expectations. It is a modern property and the rooms were in good condition. Although the location is in an outlet shopping center, the hotel was situated centrally to all the features of the lancaster area. The staff was friendly and the complimentary breakfast as well as the free internet access were very nice bonuses. The pool area was also very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank centuriongt

Reviewed May 28, 2009

One of the best hotel i stayed in my recent road trip. The only problem is they overcharged my credit card by 20 dollars a night.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mitan
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Location is great! Right in the heart of all the action in the area. Fairly clean rooms, good service. Breakfast is sufficient. Eggs, cereal, toast, yoghurt, muffins, bananas, juice...all the basics are there. Perhaps a bit more fruit would be nice but it is certainly a personal preference, no complaints.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cosmic_babygirl
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I just recently stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express Rockvale. The best thing about this hotel is the close proximity to the Rockvale Shoping outlets and the American Music Theater. My mother and I were in town to see the American Idol Pop Tour at the American Music Theater located across the street. The front staff as we arrived were just okay, not overly friendly like i'm used to. The lobby is very nice and cozy. As we walked into our roon i noticed a slight smoke smell, but thought it was just my imagination since this is a smoke free hotel. I entered the bathroom to find a cigarette in the toilet, so it wasn't my imagination after all. I immediately went down to inform the front desk, so they wouldn't think it was me disobeying the rules. The clerk acted shocked but didn't offer us another room. Ok, that was fine, but when I returned I noticed that we didn't have any wash cloths in the bathroom. I also found a dirty sock at the end of the bed on the floor. It seemed to me that housekeeping did a lousy job if any with cleaning this room prior to the next guest arriving. I feel that all rooms should be checked prior to anyone coming through the door. The room did have a microwave and mini fridge. The bed was comfortable, but the pillow cases could use steaming or pressing. Appearance is everything. On the second day I went back down to the front desk to inquire about a comment card since I didn't see any in the room. The male clerk informed me that I didn't see one because they don't require comment cards. This was the prime oportunity to ask me if there was a problem. Check out time I wasn't even asked how was my stay. Maybe I'm just too picky when it comes to Hotels, but i'm a part-time Travel agent and I like to try out various Hotels in order to bring the best to my clients. To me, this hotel needs improvement with people skills and housekeeping.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank BermudaQueen
Reviewed January 8, 2009

We stayed here to catch a late show & do some shopping. Although the hotel was clean & rooms were fine, I was incredulous the following morning when no cheese omelets, no breakfast meat, no country gravy & most unbelievable of all, no cinnamon rolls! Holy cow, I stay in a lot of H-Inn expresses & this is the first time this has ever happened as long as I can remember (since they first implemented this cinnamon roll tradition). I really felt let down.

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank trip4four
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Great location, clean and comfortable room, hearty breakfast selection and John, the General Manager, is the best. He supplied us with teddy bears, chocolate covered pretzels and great ideas for a family-fun 2 day stay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank travelingmomcom
Reviewed September 17, 2008

My wife and I, along with another our friends, visited the Holiday Inn Express for two nights (9/13 - 9/15). We visit Lancaster, staying at this hotel, three or four times a year. As with our other visits, the staff was excellent. The front desk people were very helpful and accomodating. As others have mentioned, if you like outlet shopping, you cannot stay at a more convenient hotel as the stores and many restaurants are within easy walking distance.

While my wife and her friend went outlet shopping, the guys stayed behind and enjoyed the beautiful pool. It was very relaxing as we basically had the entire pool area to ourselves for a few hours. We enjoyed the pool for at least an hour each day. Fortunately, the weather was beautiful; very warm for the late-summer.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable. We thought the beds were quite comfortable as we both slept very well. The breakfast area is well-stocked, with the food constantly being replenished. We are looking forward to our December visit.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank rick1006