“Poor Customer Service”

Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had called this hotel two weeks ago for a client and was told that the manager was in a meeting and can i call back around a certain time so when i called back he was still in a meeting and i asked if i can leave my contact information so that when he/she is done in the meeting can they give me a call back. Its going on 3 weeks now but no need for a call back since i placed my client in another area hotel. As a travel agent i will not feel comfortable booking my clients at this hotel because of the lack of communication who's to see if they check in and something goes wrong.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelman9981
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Travelman9981,

Thank you for making us aware of this situation that occurred. I apologize that it was handled the way it was. I will be sure to use this as a training opportunity with the entire front desk staff to ensure that we properly handle these types of calls in the future.

As a travel agent, I am sure that you are well-aware of the many lodging options in the Lancaster area. Although we “dropped the ball” with this particular situation, I hope that you will be willing to give us another chance earn your business for your clients.

Since I do not have your direct contact information, I have sent you a private message via the TripAdvisor messaging system as well.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
White Marsh, Maryland
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed here on March 13, 2013 while seeing the Trisha Yearwood concert at the American Music Theater. The location of the hotel is great. Nestled in the middle of the outlet center, there is plenty of shopping and dining options around. The theater is directly across the street, so the location can not be beat when seeing a show. The hotel itself, offers a great hot breakfast in the morning and is very clean, ALWAYS. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank klaw1
Oley, PA
Reviewed March 12, 2014

In the center of Rockvale outlets. Walking distance to stores and many restaurants. Very convenient location. Great value hotel with a wonderful hot/cold breakfast buffet, much nicer than a continental bfast. Staff replenished it quickly. Front desk & housekeeping very nice and helpful. We had a quiet room on the 2nd floor in the rear hallway. Will definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Heather M
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We have stayed at a number of hotel/motels in the Lancaster area and will return to this one on our next trip to the area. Am a platinum level member and check in was a little slow, the express check out was easy. This is a great location- right within a huge outlet in walking distance. The room was clean and fresh smelling. The beds and pillows were super comfortable, Breakfast was ok My only complaint about it would be the second morning I was there I got to the breakfast room 30 minutes before the scheduled end and they had already started taking down the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank James R
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear James R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback for the TripAdvisor community. I am glad to hear that you will be choosing to stay with us again during your future ventures to Lancaster.

While you mention several areas where we impressed, I apologize that the check-in process was a little slow and that the breakfast set-up was being taken down early. I will be sure to discuss these items during our next manager’s meeting so that the appropriate department heads can move forward in making improvements to these areas.

Thank you again for your feedback. We will see you again soon!

york, pa
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed for just one night because we were attending a concert at the American Music Theatre across the street. It is a typical Holiday Inn room. The front desk service was prompt and friendly. The room was clean, with 2 queen beds, tv, etc. Bathroom was clean and had all the essentials. The property itself was well-kept. The location was ideal for shopping, restaurants and the theatre. The free breakfast was fine. They served eggs, Canadian bacon, biscuits, really good cinnamin buns, bagels, French toast, etc. Parking was easy and free.
Overall, I was completely satisfied. Nothing to write home about.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank genoac
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear genoac,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cherokee, North Carolina
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have stayed here numerous times and would never want to stay anywhere else. The staff has never been anything less than kind and courteous and know the area well so they can offer advice on attractions and restaurants. It is located in the center of the Rockvale outlets with numerous restaurants within walking distance. Also, it is right across from the American Music Theater. Free wifi and plenty of parking with a nice outdoor pool. Breakfast is simple. ALWAYS clean!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KJP1986
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear KJP1986,

Thank you for taking the time to share with the TripAdvisor community. We certainly appreciate your kind words and continued patronage! Our entire staff—from front desk to housekeeping to maintenance—are very appreciative of your praises. We will continue to serve our customers to the best of our abilities and go “above and beyond” the call of duty.

Thanks again!
Toronto
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed here for one night while on business. Everything about this property is OK. By that I mean decent and basic accomadations. As others have mentioned, the location is ideal if shopping at the outlet mall as you can walk from the hotel to pretty much every store. Parking seemed plentiful as well.

The hotel is fairly clean; my room was quite spacious with all the "standard" ammenities you expect; flat screen TV, decent wifi, relatively comfortable bed, fridge and microwave, etc. I did find the washroom quite small, with a very low vanity, and a few cracked floor tiles.

Regarding the title of my review, the room was noisy at night and not due to people. The fridge was so loud I end up unplugging it; there must have been a slow leak in the toilet as every hour or so the tank would refill, and that was loud. Lastly, despite turning the HVAC unit completely off because of noise, for some strange reason it too would have the fan come on every hour or so, which was also very loud!

This place is good value, except for the noise!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ToSquareBob1
LNSSW_Admin, Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear ToSquareBob1,

Thank you for taking time to write a detailed review of your experience with us. As you mentioned, our location is ideal for those looking to go outlet shopping. I’m also glad that you enjoyed all the amenities that our hotel offers.

I apologize, however, that you experienced noise in the room. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I will be sure to pass this information on to our maintenance department in order to have this corrected promptly.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!