“Great Value for Group Travel”

Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
La Grange, NC
“Great Value for Group Travel”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We recently took a church group to the Lancaster area and stayed in the Holiday Inn Express at the Rockvale Outlets. The price was very competitive and the location was central to everything. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was very good. Everyone enjoyed their stay. The restaurants were not as convenient as they appeared on the map, so there was a lot of walking involved. Otherwise it was great and we will definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Mitzi H
Kiersten F, Front Desk Agent at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing to have your group stay with us! We always enjoy when large groups from different places stay in our hotel. Please visit again, we would love to have you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Lumberton NJ
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in July as my daughter's dance team was competing at the Host just down the street. There were also 4 other families stayng there because I was. I am a Platinum member and have stayed at many other Holiday Inn's and Expresses and most have been great. Because of the attitude I received from Marsha I would say this was by far the worst Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed at. Upon entering my room I was overcome by a very strong musty odor. Becasue I only recently recovered from a lung infection I went to the desk to request a new room if possible. A young man showed me another room but as I was waiting for my friend to come to the room, Marsha same along and rudely told me I needed to make up my mid because she had another guest waiting. I asked her to wait for 2 minutes as my friend was coming down the hall and she was again rude in her tone. Ultimately I was stuck in a musty room for 3 nights and have been coughing for a week now. There were also cobwebs on top of the curtains. I did not bother to complain because I know that due to the dance competiton the other hotels in the area were sold out.

1 Thank FrequentTraveler1970
First, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for staying with us as a Platinum Priority Club Rewards member. We are very sorry you had an unpleasant experience with us. We appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. Every guest deserves be treated kindly and with respect. Again, we are sorry your experience in our hotel was not up to par. We hope that if you are ever in the area, you decide to stay with us so we can change your views on the hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the hotel at 717.293.9500.
Kansas
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have done alot of traveling for business, and this stay was very disappointing for me. I wasn't going to write a review but I now find it neccessary. Initially getting in the room it did smell musty, possibly from the AC but am not sure. The shower I have shows cracks and mold in quite a few areas. The final straw was ants crawling on my legs. I called the front desk and they were courteous as I asked for another room. Unfotunately all the rooms were booked so another room was out of the question. Front office help came to vacuum ants from the area, unfortunately 10 minutes later more ants could be seen on the floor. I am a big fan of the Holiday Inn and Priority Club Hotels but will not be staying at this hotel again, especially for the rate paid for the room.

Room Tip: Other than room 134
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tyler D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Tyler D,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 1, 2012

August 1st, 2012 currently at the hotel a.d expericing following issues

1. Front desk checkin was quick,there were two people at the desk, one of them was litterally sitting on the desk and looked very unprofessional.

2. The rooms are very dated, and were not cleaned properly. We found several hair on our bed.

3. The beds were very itchy and when contacted the front desk to ask if they had bed bug problems, she refused and stated that she will change the sheets.

4. While in the room, the employee stated that if my 4 year old son ran one more time she will not change the sheets.

We were very upset, but did not say her anything as we wanted her to atleast change the sheets.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Holiday Inn Phi... S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Stadium12,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. Please allow me to apologize for the the unacceptable attitude our staff showed towards you and your family. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into immediately. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cape May
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I booked a three night stay. Arrived at 3PM to find our room ready. Upon inspection everything was nice and clean. We had a room with two queen beds for three of us. The room was a bit on the smaller side, but it was perfect for what we needed (just to sleep basically)...

The hotel is literally in the center of the Rockvale Outlets. You can easily walk to the shopping. Although we didn't use the pool it was clean and well kept with plenty of lounge chairs. It was also very quiet which if you have ever stayed in a hotel with a group of kids, you know how loud that can be. Even with kids running up and down the hall, it was very quiet. We ate at Olive Garden which is within a very short distance as well. Located right on Route 30, it was very easy to get to and from basically anywhere you needed to be!

They had a free breakfast bar each morning. Although I'm not a breakfast person, it seemed that there was a nice variety. Scrambled eggs, sausage, muffins, bisquits and gravy, pancakes, all sorts of juices, cereal, and LOTS of coffee! :)

I would definately recomend this to anyone who is headed to the Lancaster area for ANY reason!

ENJOY! We sure did!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mgd1429
I am delighted that you had such a wonderful experience in Lancaster County and that our hotel was such a big part in it! I agree that we have a fantastic location for visitors of any reason. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others and we hope to see you again in the near future! Be sure to stop by the front desk to receive more discounts in the Rockvale Outlets!
Ypsilanti
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Had a little trouble with the toilet. And they were full so we couldn't get a different room. Their maintenance man had left for the night, but he came back. Very friendly gentleman named Todd. He was in and out of our room quickly.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor. Nice and close to everything
1 Thank cathybennett
padutchhotels, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and making me aware of the issue you had during your stay. It is unfortunate when a guest has an issue with a room but I am glad to hear that the staff and especially Todd was able to quickly correct the issue at hand.

We hope that you come back and visit soon.
naugatuck,ct
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed there for only one night but I would definitely go back. Its right on the edge of the Rockvale Outlet Stores so we could actually walk into the area and shop without taking the car. We did drive to other outlet locations in the area but this hotel was easy to drive from and easy to get to. So before going out to dinner we walked over the a few of the stores, enjoyed the weather and did a bunch of shopping. The room we stayed in was very nice, ground level, second C. I liked that we could back our vehicle right up to behind our room and we could keep an eye on it. The cleanliness was very good, the bathroom not very large but for one night was ok. The tv was perfect and worked fine and we slept so comfortably on the king size bed. I would definitely go back there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keoke1946
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you found everything to your liking and that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff takes pride in ensuring the room is clean and comfortable each of our guests.

Once again thanks for taking the time review our hotel and we hope to see you on your next visit to Lancaster County.