“Red Roof Inn with a great breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Lancaster

Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Red Roof Inn with a great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

We when to do last minute shopping in Lancaster, it was getting late so we decided to stay in ehe area, we went to sereval other hotels and thought we try the Red Roof Inn, the price was reasonable and the lobby looked had a great xmas effect lighting, The room was clean and warm we jumped into bed and had a great night sleep. When we woke the next morning and went down for breakfast, we did not expect it to be much, we found sauage links, eggs and make your own waffle maker, that was our favourate item, my husband eat 3 of them, it was great that we didn't have to spend extra money for breakfast, it was all included in the price, we recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank patmistry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Glendora, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

Ok typically this is not the kind of hotel I would stay at but things are a little tighter these days and we knew we wouldn't be staying in the hotel very much at all between going out to dinner for Thanksgiving, shopping the midnight mania outlets and then breakfast so I figured WHY NOT? let's check it out. The outside looked great and being in Lancaster, I just figured it had to be somewhat nice and clean. However, the reviews scared me to death - I read Rachel's name on one of the reviews and decided to contact her because She would be my last hope or I was cancelling the reservation. She assured me that my room would be inspected more than once and wanted me to contact her if I had ANY PROBLEMS what-so-ever even though she would be at home on Thanksgiving. I was so impressed by her customer service that I kept the reservation. I must admit that the rooms are not that great but the main lobby is adorable and cozy and the breakfast room was perfect for what we wanted. Our room was clean but it was definitely older and wasn't at all what I'm accustomed to. Again, Rachel is the reason I stayed and would again - the price was too amazing to not stay there!!! Thanks Rachel

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Renee1003
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

The rooms that I prepaid were not the rooms we got!!! The hotel did not have our reservations from Orbitz!!!We were supposed to get two rooms with King size beds!!! My daughter and her hubby got the room with the King size bed and my husband and I got a double bed!!!

The hotel from the outside looked nice, but everything in the inside is deceiving!!! When we checked into our rooms, my son-in-law called us to check out the room, mold on the ceiling, dusty, pull-out bed was full of crumbs and dust, heat and telephone did not work, towels were make-up stained dirty. We had to ask the front desk for clean towels!!!

My room was dusty and dirty!!! Bathrooms were ugly felt like you were in a cabin!!! The towels were make-up stained, worn (you hold them up and could see right through them) and dirty!!! The lamps in my room were dirty and dusty as well as the headboards and lamp shades. The white sheets were dingy and slightly stained!!! Very noisey hotel!!! The alarm went off at 4:00 in the morning!!!

My daughter had to ask them to changed her room because of the mold and the heating system did not work!!! I would never ever stay in this hotel again!!!

Also, all hotels offer coffee in the rooms, this hotel only gives you coffee if you have reserved a King size bed!!! The double bed rooms do not get coffee.

I have stayed in Lancaster many times a year, we decided to check this hotel, I would not recommend it! I was just so happy that we did not take our grandchildren with us that day!!! Normally we all travel with them!!! My advice stay away!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Angellight626
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Lancaster from Thursday, Oct 22 to Saturday Oct 24, 2010. It was disgusting! There were bugs in the room, the bathtub had mildew all over the place, the overhead lamp near the bathroom was broken, the garbage was left in our room even after the cleaning person came to pick it up. When we complained, they didn't adjust the rate for being inconvenienced or offer another room but gave us a 20% coupon to use till the end of the year (its almost Nov, the coupon expires in Dec) which we won't be using.After telling the front desk about the bugs, we came back into our room and they were still there. Instead, we are writing to the CEO of Red Roof Inn to complain because of the bad experience we had. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Mgharway
belkins, Internet Revenue Contractor at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
I'm sorry you were unhappy with your stay at the Red Roof. I understand it is different to be in a country & agricultural location. We are in the home of agricultural bugs. We have a pest control service on a regular schedule and during harvest season it is a challenge at best to control every pest. Our hotel is a prime location of Lancaster, that is because it faces the amish farmland. With the location are disadvantages. However, we do take every comment to our staff and use it as a training tool to help improve our services.
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed for couple nights. We got good deal from priceline. The room is very small but standard. Its pretty good for the price. The staffs are nice and helpful. The breakfast is ok, good enough to start your day. The pool was out of order and they couldnt fix it so we were out of luck with no pool. However, the manager was very nice and gave us one complimentary night as compensation. Nice place overall.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Inongalit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

From the moment we walked in, we had a great experience. The girl at the front desk was so, so nice. Very sweet and friendly! Such an awesome personality. The room was very clean and inviting. Moments after we walked in the door, our room phone rang ~ it was the front desk calling to make sure we got into our room ok and that everything was satisfactory. Very impressive ~ we've never had that with all of the vacations we've gone on over the years. We were there for the Renaissance Faire and FallFest so we didn't do anything near the hotel, but the location is perfect for those that are looking to stay here. We live only an hour away, but if we wanted to go for a weekend trip, we would definitely stay here again. Morning breakfast was huge ~ waffle maker, bagels, muffins, bread, fruit, cereal, so much more than other hotels. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Msmom48
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed here last night...not sure why some reviews are negative. Our experience was a positive one! Easy check-in, no complaints. Simple and clean room. We stayed on the third floor in a King (rm # 301) the air conditioning was ice cold and perfect! The water in the shower was great with pressure and plenty of hot water if needed. We did wake up early for breakfast around 7.30 and there was an abundance of food. Waffles, sausage, eggs, two types of mini muffins, toast, bagels, three types of cereal, three types of juice, oranges, apples, bananas, coffee and tea. I can't believe they do such a large breakfast spread. We stayed in another Red Roof Inn last year and they didn't offer a breakfast at all. Overall, this is a great place for the money. Highly recommended for a regular hotel stay. Thank you, Lancaster --- we will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple