Red Roof Inn Lancaster
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$179
Hotels.com
$98
ComfortInn
The Hotel Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$124
$116
  • Breakfast included
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$160
$120
$159
Comfort Suites Amish Country(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$125
$89
$110
$107
Agoda.com
All reviewsroom was cleantexas roadhousebagelsfree breakfastdutch wonderlandmicrowaveoutletsihop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Although we didn't really want to stay at this inn, we ended up staying here anyway we were not able to find booking any where else decent. We normally don't like staying at Franchises and like country/ homely feeling hotels. My wife and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. I crossed my fingers and hoped this would be a place that my wife likes and it was. We'd never been to Lancaster before and decided to try something new for this special occasion.

We were absolutely delighted with the whole experience. Kevin at the front desk was very courteous and checked us in really quickly.
The restaurant atmosphere, the cozy fireplace, the incredible breakfast, and the special personal attention paid to us by the hotel, made our stay a memorable event. Red Roof Inn has certainly moved to the top of our list of Favorite Places. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank viperald85
Reviewed May 6, 2010

We been vacationing in Lancaster for roughly about 4-5 years. We come here often for the S&S and AMT. The Hotel, Lancaster Host, is where we usually stay and it had no vacancy so I looked on-line. I found that "The Red Roof Inn" had one, so we made online reservations plus gave a phone call to the Hotel, to make sure we will have the first floor because of my disability. Let me tell you, that it was by far the best experience we have had overall. We are big with convenience due to my disability.
When I looked online, Red Roof Inn had couple bad reviews and that detered us initially, but then got lazy and booked it anyway. To our dismay, we were completely taken by the view they have in their backyard, the hot breakfast with WAFFLES and the courteous staff.

We took a stroll to the Inn's backyard, they had picnic tables and outdoor bar opening soon sign up. When we spoke to one of the staff, they said they'll have a bar there within several weeks. While we were sitting on the table, we saw a horse pulling a plow as they get ready for the crop this year. Clear blue sky, beautiful weather, perfect picturesque setting. I couldn't be anymore content.

Since we normally always stay at the Lancaster Host, we don't have anything else to compare it with. Therefore in comparison with the Host,the price was better than Lancaster, personalized service, better view, small but better amenities.

BEST THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES!!

This is how our trip went:

When we entered the hotel the one young girl there was very sweet to us she got our name and handed us the room key very quickly letting us know the breakfast timings and the location of the room and where to park. The normal front desk dialogue exchange.

I usually don't stay at motels, but I decided to give it a shot. I was greeted with friendly smiling faces at the front desk. I was quickly checked in and given the key to my room. My room was surprisingly clean! I am highly allergic to dust and I did not need to take my medicine the night that I was there. I also did not hear any noise from the adjacent rooms. It ended up being a quiet and tranquil night and I only spent $90 dollars! IT WAS GREAT!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank dgoragandhi
KSutherland, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2010

Thank you "dgoragandhi" for your kind words about our property. Our staff works hard to provide the best experience possible for our guests and I am always excited when I can pass on a complimentary review to them. We hope that if you return to the area we will have the opportunity to serve you again, plus you will be able to enjoy a drink on our deck while enjoying a gorgeous and pastoral Lancaster County evening. Once again I thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review and please know that our staff appreciates it as well!

Reviewed April 23, 2010

We decided to stay at the Red Roof Inn as it was conveniently located to several amenities. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and the rooms were fairly clean. We asked for a non-smoking room which was unfortunately located adjacent to smoking ones. Owners should try to located all of these rooms together, whether they be smoking or non-smoking. Wi-Fi was included which didn't work in our room. The front desk staff provided a telephone number and after spending 30 minutes with technical support we were connected for that day. The next day we were back to no connection. Breakfast room the first morning was fine, but the second day was a totally different story. The coffee machine was empty, no biscuits, 2% milk was sour and the counter top was very sticky and full of crumbs. Two of the employees were sitting in the back chatting. When asked about the coffee, they were very pleasant and did refill it but never attempted to look after the cleanliness of the counter top.

The ad states that it has been renovated, this should read partially renovated. Looks like our room had a fairly new carpet and had been repainted along with a new sink and counter. They had attempted at 'renovating' the tub by gluing a rubber mat in the bottom.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LynnValliere
KSutherland, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2010

Thank you "LynnValliere" for your review of our hotel. And thank you in particular for complimenting our staff, they are always appreciative of positive feedback. I do apologize for the difficulties you experienced with the wireless internet and especially for the disarray that you found the breakfast buffet in. I assure you this is not up to our standards and your comments will help us to improve our service. Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel your comments will help us to provide the best possible service to our guests.

Reviewed April 19, 2010

After a lot of consideration and research online I decided on staying at the Red Roof Inn at Lancaster during our stay in Pa for college visits. I initially booked for one night with a single King sized bed, but then my other child decided to come along on the trip. Red Roof assured me that they could add a rollaway for an additional $10 a night which I found reasonable. After consideration I also booked another night so I would have to make the long trip home to New England late at night. We arrived to find two very attentive staff members to check us in. They were courteous and friendly and despite the fact that I needed to offer a $50 deposit (in lieu of room charges or damage) they were accomodating to me by letting me pay cash for the deposit. This was no doubt listed at the time I booked, but I missed it in the rush to book. Our room was clean and neat. I'm a fanatic about clean rooms when I travel and I didn't feel uncomfortable at all by the condition. The breakfast that they served was a great surprise to both myself and the kids. They don't get as good a breakfast at home and it helped keep the travel cost down. The location is in a nice safe area and with plenty of food options nearby (or across the parking lot). The location was also close to the highways and Amish Country. In the end I found that I've paid considerably more for rooms in fancier hotels that weren't nearly as nice.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank TeaganO

Thank you so much "Teagan0" for your your kind comments about our hotel. We try to make every family's stay at our property as comfortable and accomadating as possible. It brings us great pleasure when a guest takes time out of their schedule to write us a nice review. So from our entire staff here at the Red Roof, thank you and we hope to be able to serve you again!

Reviewed March 9, 2010

On short notice we decided to take in a show at the American Music Theater in Lancaster, PA. We traveled 4 hours from home. We decided to stay at The Red Roof Inn which was conveniently located near the theater. This property allows you to bring one pet (30 lbs or less) without extra charge, this was good because this trip was on the spur of a moment and we did not have time to find a boarding kennel for our dog.

The reservation process and check in was pleasant, however; the room we were given was in great need of care, there was plaster patch work in the bathroom which also needed painting. The building seems to be 30 or 40 years old and should be razed and rebuilt. Another disappointment was that the elevator was located outside in a stairwell/breeze way area.

Our biggest complaint was that we found that there was no heat in our room. "Kevin" from the front desk attempted to adjust thermostat but it did not improve the situation. "Kevin" then suggested we move to another room -- only room available was 2 with beds and when we turned the heater on in that room it did not seem to heat up either.

We had no other choice but to check out and head for a 4 hour ride home after a long day. "Kevin" did discount our room rate (we were only there 3 hours while attempting to get the heat on). We felt that the room should have been more heavily discounted or FREE as we did not stay there and there was no remedy to the heat situation. We can't recommend this to anyone and when we take in future shows at the Theater, we will stay far, far away from this Red Roof Inn.

This Red Roof Inn is not a good deal and not worth the hassle. There are far better places to stay. Red Roof Inn at $79.99/night is FAR TOO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT WE GOT. The week earlier we stayed at an Embassy Suite in Parsippany, NJ for $98.00 a night and had a lovely bedroom, bath and living room -- all for a little more than the rate at the Red Roof Inn, no comparison there! There will be no Red Roof Inns in our future -- EVER.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoamingAimlessly
KSutherland, Assistant General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2010

I would like to respond to the unfortunate situation encountered by 'RoamingAimlessly.' It is true that the heat was not functioning at full force in the guests room. This was unfortunate but in the Hotel business is occasionaly unavoidable. We offered to move the guest to a different room and they agreed to take a look. After aproximatly 2 min. in the new room the guest informed me that the heat was not working there either. I informed the guest that it would take about 5 min. to warm up (which I confirmed later it had). The guest told me she would rather leave and that she wanted a full refund. I told her this was impossible as they had occupied their room for over three hours before reporting a problem and the room would need to be fully cleaned by our houskeeping staff. I discounted the guests stay but felt that a full refund would be inapropriate as we had offered a solution to her problem. Again I would like to apologize to 'RoamingAimlessly' for the situation and assert that we did try to come to a resonable middle ground in finding a solution to the problem.