“February 2, 2006”

Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
A TripAdvisor Member
“February 2, 2006”
Reviewed February 7, 2006

This is a very nice accomodable stop. I enjoyed my pleasant stay at the Red Roof Inn, the staff was extremely polite and courteous. Due to my age, I was escorted to my room, when I entered the room I enjoyed the refreshing smell of the country. BELIEVE ME IT WAS THERE! Later I observed the entire hotel was under renovation, which made me even more delightful and wanting to stay at this inn every time, specially during the summer, when their pool will be open. RED ROOF INN you made this aged woman's night, as well as day.

• Stayed February 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Virginia
Reviewed January 20, 2006

Adequate room. Had passed by several hotels/motels advertising mid to high $40s for the area (off-season). I was tired with my granddaughter and stopped at Red Roof because it happened to be on the side of the road that I was travelling. Walked in with granddaughter to location that was remodeling the lobby area - wasn't sure if the hotel was under a complete renovation at that point. Was advised by desk staff that rate was mid $60's. When I mentioned the other locations nearby that were advertising $45 to $49, I was told that Red Roof was not a motel and that they were comparable to Holiday Inn. I kind of thought they were more applicable to Days Inn and that had a sign up for $49. Long story short, I paid $54. (Lights were blown so that when I opened the door, no light came on and we struggled into a dark room at night not knowing where a light was going to be.)

Is a Red Roof Inn really considered comparable to a Holiday Inn???

4 Thank JRob
Reviewed October 9, 2005

There was absolutely nothing pleasant about my stay here. The walls were so paper thin that I could actually hear someone brushing their teeth next door and every single honking horn within a 2 mile vicinity. I had the same hair experiences as the previous reviewers. In fact, I believe someone bathed their dog in the hotel room bathtub, as the same hair I found all over the sheets was in the bathtub, and there was too much of it to have belonged to a human. Worst of all, this motel has major plumbing issues, as the sink was clogged and dripped all night and the toilet wouldn't flush. I think if the Board of Health knew what was going on in that place they'd be shut down tomorrow.

This was the only place that had availability on a busy holiday weekend. Now I know why.

• Stayed October 2005