Lowest prices for your stay
$55
$54
Hotels.com$55
Traveluro$55
ZenHotels.com$58
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2015

We stayed in room 303 for two nights this past weekend. No complaints other than we wish breakfast would be available till later in the morning (we missed it both days) and the tub needs to be replaced instead of refurbishing (scratches everywhere). We heard no road noise and had a beautiful scenic view of farmlands. The room was very clean and the A/C was perfect.
Enjoyed our stay - in fact, I just tried to book a room for this weekend for my husband and his grown son to have a weekend bonding trip - but no rooms are available. Bummer.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank AMB2Teach
Reviewed June 15, 2015

Let me preface this review by saying I wasn't expecint Five Star accomodations from a $90/night sleep and hump within walking distance of a tourist attaction. Where do I begin? It's pet friendly, so much so that the previous occupants of our room left us a gift. From the looks of it they had a medium sized dog that ate well. To the staff's credit they tried to give us another room. Apparently the occupants of that room didn't get the 100% smoke free memo because the room smelled like an ashtray. OK, let's try another room. This one was a closet with no refridgerator, microwave, or lamp shade that smelled like old people. I'm not being mean, you know the smell. We ended up in the original room after the desk clerk cleaned the floor. I am guessing the occupants of the row of rooms above us are long term residents, or live there full time. The barbeque grill on the deck, was the first hint. That isn't the bad part. The fact that they watch you from car to room is a little off putting, as well as them staring at our teenage daughters like a pack of hyenas sizing up their prey was. With the exception being one hyena has more teeth than the whole lot of them. The water pressure in the shower was non-existant. Something I don't think the second floor crew would complain about.

It wasn't all bad however. The sparsely stocked vending machine helped me keep off the junk food. The breakfast was what one would expect for free, and restaurants withing walking distance was a plus as parking is at premium.

Free wifi- during our stay they were having an issue with Comcast and I was told to wait a few minutes of few hours to see if would be fixed. Before you hold my feet to the fire for worrying about wi-fi on vacation; the reason for being there was a softball tournament and we needed to check the results and schedule for the next day online.

Don't leave your room on the last day of your stay for an early morning walk as your room keys will be de-activated and there will noone at the front desk to help you.

If you're looking for a place to stay while travelling the country as a day laborer, this is your place. If you're looking for clean, friendly environment to spend a few days in Lancaster with your family, stay away.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
11  Thank steve b
Reviewed June 14, 2015

The accommodations were fine for the price. We had gone down unexpectedly to the area for a funeral ,so a vacation was not in the budget. When we arrived things had no only been chaotic for us but previous patrons ahead of us and behind us. One woman was checked into a room that someone was already in. Then it was my turn; we had reserved 2 rooms for 2 nights with confirmation from the booking agent confirming that. They stated that they never received the reservation for 2 rooms and they were sold out. Very odd since we were charged by Red Roof for 2 rooms and 2 nights. Another woman behind me stated the same scenario; booked a room and they did not have the reservation- but she also was charged.
Overall, the one room that was available was fine. My advise is to check and double check your reservations before arriving. We had to call all over Lancaster to try to find a vacant room. Very frustrating on a Friday evening.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank debbie31758
Reviewed June 10, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights and it began terribly. I'll start with the pros.
PROS:
1) Front desk staff was nice and courteous.
2) The continental breakfast was actually pretty good.
3) Location was great. Within a few minutes drive to any number of restaurants, even walking distance to some.
4) Having washer/dryer available is great.

CONS: (be warned...this list is longer than the pros)
1) The WiFi signal is practically non-existant. After calling the front desk numerous times, we finally just gave up. The desk staff did apologize and at least try to fix it.
2)Although the Web AND the brochures in the rooms advertise a "heated pool", that is a big fat LIE. That pool was freezing cold! That is, in my opinion, false advertising.
3) We actually had to change rooms because the tub did not drain in the first room we were in. I'm talking NO DRAINAGE whatsoever.
4) The laundry room, that I WAS happy to have, was being overrun by ants. That room obviously NEVER gets cleaned.
5) The A/C in the room did work. However, it was extremely temperamental. If we tried to adjust the temp even slightly....the unit would shut off. At night when it kicked on, it was extremely loud (which made me grateful for the closely located Starbucks)
6) The overall upkeep leaves a lot to be desired. There was numerous cracks in the walls/ceiling/bathroom. The tub had several questionable spots (moldy areas), and the carpet MIGHT BE vacuumed twice a week.
7) The first night, after my kids showered I wiped the water off the floor. OMG! The towel came up BLACK with dirt.

Needless to say, next time we'll spend more money on a better hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Travlin_mama0611
Reviewed June 10, 2015 via mobile

We reserved the room through Priceline, and it's something we probably won't do again. Upon arrival, we were given a choice of rooms, either one with double beds or one with a king bed. We told them it didn't matter, and the front desk clerk gave us a room with a king bed. Upon entering the room, it seemed half-finished. All there is in the room was the bed, a small table that served as a nightstand, a flat-screen TV on the wall, and a long table that served as the main table where you put your stuff on. There's no hangers, no hooks, no eating table and chairs, no microwave, no refrigerator, not even a picture. The lamps were dirty and didn't work because one was missing a bulb, and the other had a blown bulb, although they came over and replaced the bulbs within about a half hour. The carpet didn't seem to be clean. We had to wait almost two hours for extra pillows. And there was a fly buzzing around that we can't seem to hit.

Because we felt that they gave us a room that was not finished, and because we felt they were dishonest about it, we're not staying there again. If you decide to stay there, avoid room 112 at all costs, at least until you have the chance to see the room or confirm with them that it's finished.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Russ G