“Nice place to stay”

Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The place was clean, priced right, and staff was friendly. I had needed to leave a day early due to allergies and I was given a full refund on the last day. The breakfast is plentiful and area kept clean and stocked. I visit the area a couple of times a year and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lori Ann D

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Booked the room because it was one of the cheapest we saw for our dates of travel. I doubt I'll be back.

First, the good:

-Lobby was clean
-Front desk staff was very kind
-Free breakfast included biscuits and gravy (a huge personal favorite) and make-your-own waffle machines. Both were actually pretty good.
-We were neither attacked by wolves or bears during our stay.

Now, the unfortunate negatives:
- The first room we were given was filthy, clearly had not been cleaned fully by the maid service and was so musty and wet inside that there was visible mold in the room. The bathroom smelled like pee and had horrible mold all over. The carpet near the bed was squishy wet. We did ask to switch, and we were given a new room with absolutely no fuss. The new room (right next door) was better, but not perfect.
-New room still humid, but not wet and smelly.
-bathroom still had mildew problems
-Toilet seat had stains from cigarette burns
-Bathtub was peeling, crazing and stained.

I think you get the picture.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dherlich
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof in Lancaster at the end of May and had a wonderul experience. Lobby, Breakfast Room and our hotel room was very clean. Price was a little bit higher than usual but was worth it for the cleanliness of this Red Roof. Recently stayed down the road for less money but that place was filthy!

Room Tip: Now that this place is pet friendly, I recommend staying in a room that hasn't had pets in it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kleincorp
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My friend and i stayed at red roof inn in may 2013. we were really happy with our stay. Great value hotel. Quiet and clean. We missed the breakfast but everything we experienced was great. I recommend for a budget hotel option.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Ksoverel
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The good first.. room was clean. The rest... I usually stay at Red Roofs during travel as my VP# usually gets me good rooms at good rates. Not here anymore. They no longer honor VP# on weekend, and essentially have DOUBLED room rates. I booked a King Superior.. this hotel has jammed a King Bed in a standard room, 1 straight backed chair and a fridge and microwave shoved in a corner.. this is what I paid EXTRA for ??? Maid service was non existant on second day and I had to go to lobby to get linens, soap, coffee etc at 8pm when returning to room. Thier once favorable breakfast has turned into "cheap motel fare" and if you don't make the very early call what they do have is gone.. and they aren't making any more. I guess this is one way to get you checked out very early! This Red Roof used to be a jewel but I think the :Greedies" have taken over. While I normally always have good things to say about Red Roof, I will bypass this one on future trips! Better places in Lancaster at better rates.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I always had a wonderful time once a week I travel in Lancaster PA and stay at Lancaster Red roof Inn.located on Hwy 30 in east Lancaster, i had very positive experience the room was very clean and very affortable and very quiet, I felt safe and love having my room at the back I can see the beautiful view.

Room Tip: Back room is beautiful, love the quietness
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Guilly P
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had a recent trip to visit a dear friend for his 101st birthday. We had a wonderful two day stay. The room was very comfortable, clean and very affordable. Having the refrigerator and microwave were essential to our having chosen this hotel. Without the affordability and added amenities we probably could not travel. All of the staff were friendly and prompt with check-in/check-out. The continental breakfast was an added nice touch, especially the waffle machine. We noticed some "less than neat" patrons making a mess at the breakfast stations but the hard-working young lady on clean-up detail was ever at the ready!! The location was very convenient to the many sights in Dutch Country. We loved it and plan another visit soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family