“Great stay for a great price”

Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
“Great stay for a great price”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The stay at Red Roof Inn of Lancaster was excellent! We were checked in quickly and promptly and the room was very clean and in order. The staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank trapperdes
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Dear trapperdes,

Thank you soo much for a positive review. We strive really hard to provide the best product and service in this competitive market. We have slowly been taking market share and its thanks to such reviews that motivate our staff to work harder and better to best serve you and other guests.
I'm glad you felt we were impeccable in our cleanliness and service.

We are easily located walking distance to tons of restaurants, dutch wonderland, shopping, etc... We are the center of Lancaster. We are extremely glad you picked us as your choice of hotel.
Thank you again.

Dave Gandhi, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Fort Edward, New York
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Just got home from Lancaster. We are members and had stayed in other red roofs so didn't think to read reviews. The one thing I did notice was how clean the room was. The issue (and this may not be important to others): the room wasn't comfortable. When I am out and about all day and return to my room after dinner, I do not wish to sit or lay on the bed for 3 hours until bedtime. We had one "desk" chair, more like a dining room chair, not at all conducive to watching TV or reading. I did stop by the desk to ask for a second chair and was assured they didn't have any (but he would look- really? he didn't even take my room number), that they were renovating and were going to be getting couches. There were two lamps that there were no outlets for and there was no night stand on my side of the bed. (I used the desk chair to hold my glasses, bottled water, etc.) Again, this may seem petty, but when I pay as much as I did for Friday and Saturday nights I do not think comfort is an unreasonable request. When I return to Lancaster, and I will, I will not stay at this location.
The a/c was quite loud which was not an issue for us, but when people walked by, talking, we were able to hear them.
The cleaning crew were quite lovely and accomodating. The desk crew...not so much. When we left today (and why do I have to ask them to remove the safe charge from my bill when according to the literature in the room, it is complimentary?), the gentleman did not even ask about our stay! Guess it didn't matter!

Room Tip: Ask if thereare seats other than the bed.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank katdev
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Dear Katdev,

We, the Lancaster Red Roof Inn Team, is glad to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness at the hotel. I noticed a combination of feelings in your review. We're saddened to read that you won't be back. We apologize if we have done anything to hurt our relationship. We strive very hard to make sure all guests are satisfied and provide them with comfortable/ clean room with invigorating breakfast. We would like to make an attempt once more. We only hear of problems when they are mentioned to us and try to fix it as soon as we hear them.
Thank You again for the review and feedback. We will work harder.
Dave Gandhi
Mount Ephraim
Reviewed June 24, 2011

This is a great place to stay and convenient to many restaurants and all the shopping areas. Beautiful lobby, wonderful front desk staff and a great breakfast in the morning. My only problem was they did not provide towels for the pool. You should also sign up to become a Red Roof Member because you get a lot of special deals by email!

Room Tip: Sign up to get special deals by email!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tab1754
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Hi tab1754,

Thank you for a positive review and for taking the time to evaluate our hotel.We are always very delighted to know that our guests enjoy our facility as much as we enjoy working here. We create a fun loving atmosphere here at the Red Roof Inn of Lancaster.

Dave Gandhi
Peckville
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Booked a room and as soon as we walked in I felt uncomfortable.Going to our room, carpeting in hall was dirty. Our room was dingy and needed a painting. The bathroom tub mat was disgusting, and the carpeting needed a good vacuuming. What scared me the most was the bedding didn't look fresh. You know sheets look when you sleep on them, how they get all wrinkled......thats how they looked to me. They were so worn you could have seen through them. My husband and I both agreed to check out as fast as we could....never again. I would like to comment on the the man named John. He was very pleasant and understanding. He would be an asset to any hotel who is seeking a competent and congenial employee who is highly skilled in working with the public.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sharon L
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed May 23, 2011

it was the worst hotel ever stayed at, very dirty. people are un friendly. it does not meet the standered that they write about. will never stay again..please beware. ed gildersleeve

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank funcastle64
JohnJoyFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Hi Sir or Madam, Can you please give me more information in to the problems that occurred at the Red Roof Inn of Lancaster, I would like to investigate the situation and find out if there was something else that my staff and our Inn could have done to have made your stay even better. Please feel free to respond to this message or feel free to contact my at johnjoy@myghm.com I will need your name so that I can pull up your records of your stay. Thank You for your review and we apologize that your stay with us was not to the standard that we try to uphold.

John Joy
Guest Relations Manager
Red Roof Inn
Scottsville, Virginia
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Has bedbugs - told management, did nothing. Also, for the first time I left shoes behind and the hotel did not even acknowledge it. I hope my shoes make someone very happy as they were brand new leather. Bathroom was filthy, toilet stopped up, water slow in sink, styrofoam cups for coffee. If they had responded, I would stay again - not now.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank midlifeus
JohnJoyFOM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, May 29, 2011
After reviewing this Guest Complaint I personally started a full investigation in to the situation at hand. As a precaution we brought in a specialty team that investigated this guest and other rooms to make sure this claim was true. As a result the cleaning team expressed that there were no sign of bed bugs in this room or any other rooms that they had checked. They treated all of the matters to prevent them also as another precaution.

When guest sign in to the hotel you sign a registration card stating that we are not liable for lost or stolen items which the guest signs. If a guest calls and states that they lost an item and we research and find the item we ship it to the guest at the guest expense.

John Joy
Guest Service Manager
Red Roof Inn - Lancaster Pa
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Pictures looked good but the room and bathroom was very very dirty. I am returning the end of May and will not even think about staying here. The inside needs to be redone to match the outside.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple