“Bedbugs” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Scottsville, Virginia
“Bedbugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

Has bedbugs - told management, did nothing. Also, for the first time I left shoes behind and the hotel did not even acknowledge it. I hope my shoes make someone very happy as they were brand new leather. Bathroom was filthy, toilet stopped up, water slow in sink, styrofoam cups for coffee. If they had responded, I would stay again - not now.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank midlifeus
JohnJoyFOM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, May 29, 2011
After reviewing this Guest Complaint I personally started a full investigation in to the situation at hand. As a precaution we brought in a specialty team that investigated this guest and other rooms to make sure this claim was true. As a result the cleaning team expressed that there were no sign of bed bugs in this room or any other rooms that they had checked. They treated all of the matters to prevent them also as another precaution.

When guest sign in to the hotel you sign a registration card stating that we are not liable for lost or stolen items which the guest signs. If a guest calls and states that they lost an item and we research and find the item we ship it to the guest at the guest expense.

John Joy
Guest Service Manager
Red Roof Inn - Lancaster Pa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Pictures looked good but the room and bathroom was very very dirty. I am returning the end of May and will not even think about staying here. The inside needs to be redone to match the outside.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ollerubmat
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

First and for most I would like to say the rooms could use a little remodeling the look of them are old, the furniture was dusty and front of fridge was disgusting.. Breakfast was great, your hot item in the morning was wonderful and the front desk girl I believe her name was "Shanya" was great she help me a lot in the mroning of our checkout. You need more people like her to assit with your guest.

Room Tip: Great location and Great Price
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pinky1edie2
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

We stayed there this past week - and i agree with another reviewer: something is 'deceiving' about this RRI. The pictures look nice online.. the lobby and breakfast area are nice; but the ROOMs! That's another story. They are so old... we had to take this outside elevator and go outside to get to our 3rd floor room (are all RRI's like that?) It's so cold! I didn't know that when I agreed to a 3rd FL room. (Oh well!) The linens, the carpet, the whole room just sort of 'wreaked' of old, used, yucky 'motel' room. There was something 'musty' about the carpet. I wouldn't take my sneakers off. When I woke up the next morning, I kept having to clear my throat. I am wondering what was comin out of the HVAC unit (which had intermittent loud blasts... maybe that's normal). I also thought the room was very 'tight'. Pictures make rooms look bigger. (Ah well!) I didn't get to the staff yet: "S." (front desk help) needs to force a smile... and not make customers feel like they are intruding upon her R&R. (We're the guests; we're the ones paying for our R&R.) And, when we called for two extra pillow cases to be delivered and 20 minutes passed, we called back and asked status: we rec'd a: "Ma'am, I'm busy, I WILL get to it." (ExcuuuUUUUuuuse me!) Another 20 minutes passed and we volunteered to get it ourselves. It was bedtime in our room with lil' kids. As for positives, yes, I enjoyed my waffle for breakfast .. and my OJ. But, still, that's nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: I don't have a tip.
Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SnarkyPie
Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

I came to Lancaster to visit my elderly mother who lives in assisted living therefore my pet and I couldn't stay with her. My dog and I were well pleased with our stay. Great complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Jean M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

We when to do last minute shopping in Lancaster, it was getting late so we decided to stay in ehe area, we went to sereval other hotels and thought we try the Red Roof Inn, the price was reasonable and the lobby looked had a great xmas effect lighting, The room was clean and warm we jumped into bed and had a great night sleep. When we woke the next morning and went down for breakfast, we did not expect it to be much, we found sauage links, eggs and make your own waffle maker, that was our favourate item, my husband eat 3 of them, it was great that we didn't have to spend extra money for breakfast, it was all included in the price, we recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank patmistry
Glendora, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

Ok typically this is not the kind of hotel I would stay at but things are a little tighter these days and we knew we wouldn't be staying in the hotel very much at all between going out to dinner for Thanksgiving, shopping the midnight mania outlets and then breakfast so I figured WHY NOT? let's check it out. The outside looked great and being in Lancaster, I just figured it had to be somewhat nice and clean. However, the reviews scared me to death - I read Rachel's name on one of the reviews and decided to contact her because She would be my last hope or I was cancelling the reservation. She assured me that my room would be inspected more than once and wanted me to contact her if I had ANY PROBLEMS what-so-ever even though she would be at home on Thanksgiving. I was so impressed by her customer service that I kept the reservation. I must admit that the rooms are not that great but the main lobby is adorable and cozy and the breakfast room was perfect for what we wanted. Our room was clean but it was definitely older and wasn't at all what I'm accustomed to. Again, Rachel is the reason I stayed and would again - the price was too amazing to not stay there!!! Thanks Rachel

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family