“High expectations”
Review of Pour

Pour
Reserve with OpenTable
Pour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 572 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange St.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“High expectations”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was with confidence that we recommended Pour to one of our friends for a birthday gathering. It all started out great, nice wine, Duck fat fries, wonderful Charcuterie, with the Salmon mousse being a standout. It went down hill from there. We all ordered meals and when they came all but mine were room temperature. The proteins were room temp the sauces were cold. Three out of five meals went back to the kitchen. One of our party elected to reorder at that point hoping for a better outcome. When the new meals were delivered, the rib eye was tough and hard to cut, but at least hot, The Seabass however was raw in the middle. Needless to say all three went back too.

My husband and I met friends there six weeks ago and it was amazing, I don't know what happened, kitchen staff changed or something, but it was a disaster all the way around. On a positive note the managers, and waitstaff were awesome trying to fix a bad situation. They were more than generous in trying to compensate for the bad food by providing another bottle of wine as well as a round of desserts.

• Visited February 2013

Eastern U.S.
“A true tappas and nice, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a place with a tasting menu, so you have to come knowing that the portions are going to be very small but exquisitely prepared. The artwork upstairs and downstairs is also wonderful to view.

• Visited February 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great social bar”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We visited our thinking it was a restaurant for dining. WRONG! I was disappointed at first as I had made a reservation and they had called and confirmed our reservation but when we got there they could not find our reservation! Fortunately I took my reservation confirmation. How can you lose a confirmed reservation? When we sat down and looked at the menu we were surprised to find one page of food and four pages of drinks. We thought about leaving but decided to stay. The portions were tapas style but were very good. Although we would not return for a meal it would be a fun place to meet for drinks.

• Visited January 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“heavenly brunch!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Do wander down to Pour for brunch. Generally I am not a brunch person as the idea brings to mind buffets and/or mediocre food. But the experience both my husband and I had will take us back to Pour again and again, especially for brunch.

We both started with the recommended Bloody Marys. I am not a huge fan of Bloody Marys in general, but I enjoy the first half of the drink. However, I could not believe how delicious and perfect these "Marys" were. Unlike any I have had. There is a layer of subtle flavor that enhances the drink so that I enjoyed it to the very last drip. This was quickly followed by the Egg Scramble which actually made my eyes roll up in my head. Portion was small but perfect again, because the flavor was incredible including salmon and delicate mushrooms, which left me completely satiated. My husband had the Steak and Eggs. This involved sensuous roasted garlic grits topped by the most beautiful poached egg I have seen. I am a big fan of poached eggs so when one is cooked exactly right and looks gorgeous I am thrilled. The steak was a perfect compliment in size and flavor.

We both left the meal so pleased and surprised and completely satisfied. We even went as far as to tip the chef and sous chef with a $2 beer tip - see menu. A great idea. A great brunch.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Susan G
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“Yummy with a great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We ate at Pour for my birthday. While it's not a "romantic" location in that tables are close together and you can hear others talking, it's a great spot for a date or happy hour. We chose the prix fixe menu, which ended up saving us around $5 or so. We chose two wonderful cheeses and two fabulous meats for our charcuterie - served on a trendy wood slab with warm bread and homemade mustard. We also had an order of duck fat fries, which come with a delicious dipping sauce. I enjoyed a port, while my husband had white wine, both $8 a glass (which is pretty reasonable these days!). Wine is also available by the bottle. While we were overwhelmed by how good the first course was, we weren't as thrilled with our entrees, although part of that was probably our ordering choice and personal preference, rather than anything lacking in the kitchen. We finished off with dessert - monkeyfood and an assortment of ice creams. The monkeyfood was good, the ice cream was to die for (our assortment included blackberry, mint, and duck fat). At the end of the night, our bill was $88.

Pros - price, prices on website menu included, charcuterie and dessert courses, great reasonably priced alcohol selection.
Cons - entree selection is a bit small, not intimate if that's what you're looking for.

Can't wait to visit again!

• Visited November 2012