The Lancaster, PA Hawthorn Suites is an adequate hotel that could be a good hotel with a little work. As other reviewers have noted, this hotel is built on a triangle of land between eastbound U.S. Route 30 and westbound U.S. Route 30. As you can imagine, this makes for a noisy location. The even numbered rooms are about 40 feet from the eastbound lanes which are downhill at this location. The odd numbered rooms are about 30 feet from the westbound lanes which are uphill. Thus, whichever side of the hotel you are on you hear trucks braking or gearing up to go up the hill. The windows appear to be double paned which reduces the noise somewhat. The room A/C unit is no help as that is very noisy when the condenser starts up.
When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted in a friendly manner by the front desk staff who checked me in quickly.
The breakfast room off of the lobby is large and has many tables. This worked out well as I was with my family and another family with kids and we were able to get carry-out and eat dinner in this area instead of in our room.
The carpeting on the first floor needs a serious cleaning. The hallway carpeting has dark spots on it and looks like it has not been cleaned since the hotel opened. The carpet in the room was not much better.
When the sofa bed was opened, it had many crumbs in it. Apparently the housekeeping staff does not bother to open the sofa between guests to check. There were also no sheets on the sofabed. The front desk clerk provided me with sheets and blankets for the sofabed.
There was food left in the refrigerator in my room from a previous guest.
Other than the refrigerator and the sofa bed problem, the room was clean and did not smell.
The free breakfast was great. Scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, cold cereal, bread and bagels, juice, yogurt, etc. The staff continually refilled the containers to make sure there was plenty for everyone. Breakfast was very good.
Hawthorn Suites advertises that some of there hotels have high-speed wireless internet access for their guests. This location does not offer this service.
Overall, if you are not a light sleeper, I would recommend this hotel. It will adequately address most travelers needs and the breakfast that is included is very good. It is near most of the Lancaster attractions such as Dutch Wonderland. There is a Wal-Mart across the street for anything you forgot. Many restaurants near-by. If a little noise does not bother you, go for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham is located in the heart of PA Dutch Country. Our spacious accommodations provide welcome relaxation whether you are here for business or enjoying Lancaster's famous attractions. Within a short drive you can find Sight & Sound Theatre, the Amish countryside, American Music Theatre, Dutch Wonderland, Rockvale Outlets, Tanger Outlets, Miller's Smorgasbord, Plain & Fancy Restaurant and so much more! We are conveniently located near most major corporate parks and businesses including Greenfield Corporate Center, Granite Run Corporate Park, High Steel, Johnson & Johnson, R.R. Donnelly, Lancaster General Health Campus and Auntie Anne's. We are delighted to offer complimentary amenities such as free local calls, free Wi-Fi and a complimentary hot breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Lancaster Hotel Lancaster
- Hawthorn Suites Lancaster
- Hawthorn Hotel Lancaster