Arrived just after Noon for a mini vacation. Had contacted the hotel regarding early check in, as regular check in was not until 4PM. When we arrived, our room was ready. The front desk staff was always very congenial whenever we entered or exited the hotel and went out of their way to acknowledge our presence. Other staff that we encountered were also very friendly. The room was very clean and spacious for our needs. Besides the small coffee pot in the room, there was coffee available 24/7 just off the lobby. (For us, that was a definite plus). The fresh, warm cookies at the front desk at night was a definite enjoyment and a nice touch. Upon check in, was told of a dinner provided by the hotel management on Wednesday night. Unfortunately, we had dinner plans for that evening. The daily breakfast was certainly not a gourmet meal, but served a purpose and started the day. It was extremely crowded on several of the mornings, as there were 2 different bus loads of people staying at the hotel. Had a minor maintenance problem with an overhead light and within 20 minutes of reporting it, a member of the hotel maintenance staff had it repaired. The only real negative was the traffic noise, (especially truck traffic) that was audible at all hours of the day and night, as a result of the hotel's real close proximity to the intersections of two major highways. ( Note location on map). Once you get accustomed to the traffic noise (esp. the trucks gearing down), you don't notice it. This would be a problem if you were only staying a night or two. Overall, a most enjoyable stay. Will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham is located in the heart of PA Dutch Country. Our spacious accommodations provide welcome relaxation whether you are here for business or enjoying Lancaster's famous attractions. Within a short drive you can find Sight & Sound Theatre, the Amish countryside, American Music Theatre, Dutch Wonderland, Rockvale Outlets, Tanger Outlets, Miller's Smorgasbord, Plain & Fancy Restaurant and so much more! We are conveniently located near most major corporate parks and businesses including Greenfield Corporate Center, Granite Run Corporate Park, High Steel, Johnson & Johnson, R.R. Donnelly, Lancaster General Health Campus and Auntie Anne's. We are delighted to offer complimentary amenities such as free local calls, free Wi-Fi and a complimentary hot breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Lancaster Hotel Lancaster
- Hawthorn Suites Lancaster
- Hawthorn Hotel Lancaster