My family recently stayed at this hotel based on a referral from another local hotel and was excited when there was availability.
However, the excitement quickly turned to disgust when we discovered the filthy condition of our room. We learned several things from this experience; do not consider a recommendation shared by another hotel as a guarantee that the accommodations at the referral hotel will be up to par and always thoroughly inspect our room before bringing in our personal belongings.
The room we were provided was filthy to include:
cobwebs all along the perimeter of the ceiling from one end of the room to the other, a dirty refrigerator, another guest's dirty socks left behind the pull-out coach, dog hair on the sheets and blankets and mostly everywhere else, mold in the corner of the floor next to the shower / tub area, table tops left with a prior guest's food and drink stains, carpet that had not been thoroughly vacuumed between many guest visits with accumulations of dust behind and next to bedside dressers, food debris and crumbs along the base of the bed hidden underneath the bed skirt, cobwebs attached to and climbing to the ceiling from a basket of artificial vines on a shelf over the kitchenette, food and liquid stains on the walls in higher than normal elevations, seating severely stained from continued use with no upholstery cleaning like the kind of dirty that makes material feel sticky and wet to the touch, the front desk service person who assigned our room did not inform us that it was one of the hotels pet friendly rooms, had we been given a choice we would not have agreed to take this room.
. . . what more can be said, the description is truthful and accurate.
My family has stayed in many hotels for various reasons over many years, collectively this is the worst, absolute worst experience.
We brought all of this to the attention of the manager who was embarrassed and apologetic and who made arrangements to have the staff attend to the room. However, at that point we had already been witness to an inferior presentation and a product of very little value. Though appreciative of the manager's and staff's intervention (albeit too late), as a consumer the decision had already been made; we knew we were never going to visit this hotel again.
We sincerely hope the owners / operators of the hotel will investigate this matter and hopefully they will place a fresh focus on leadership and staff performance, it is duly warranted in the best interest of all future paying guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham is located in the heart of PA Dutch Country. Our spacious accommodations provide welcome relaxation whether you are here for business or enjoying Lancaster's famous attractions. Within a short drive you can find Sight & Sound Theatre, the Amish countryside, American Music Theatre, Dutch Wonderland, Rockvale Outlets, Tanger Outlets, Miller's Smorgasbord, Plain & Fancy Restaurant and so much more! We are conveniently located near most major corporate parks and businesses including Greenfield Corporate Center, Granite Run Corporate Park, High Steel, Johnson & Johnson, R.R. Donnelly, Lancaster General Health Campus and Auntie Anne's. We are delighted to offer complimentary amenities such as free local calls, free Wi-Fi and a complimentary hot breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Lancaster Hotel Lancaster
- Hawthorn Suites Lancaster
- Hawthorn Hotel Lancaster