1,190 results
All reviewsroad noisesmall kitchenetteroom was cleanwaffleskitchen areahot itemsqueen bedstay there againhot breakfastcoffee makerfree breakfastfront desk stafffirst floorconvenient locationcookiesgreat place to stayvery nice hotel
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Not special, but good, clean, and comfortable if you need to be down for the night. For the price of a budget hotel, you can get one with some upgrades like better beds. Only downside is it's next to the freeway on all sides, but overnight the noise is not excessive. Good, free breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Nothing special to know about as far as room type. Despite what the travel sites will tell you, this place does NOT have any adjoining rooms.
1  Thank JRRF
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Traveling with my two children and we needed a restful stop before continuing our journey home. We got a room at the last minute and stayed on the first floor in a designated handicapped room.
For us, it worked fine. However, if I were in a wheelchair, it would be difficult to navigate this room. There is no automatic door open/close - opening it was a burden and the show was a tub, not a stall - so you'd have to place the given wooden rack on the tub and slide in. Not sure if this room was fully compliant.

Breakfast was ok, nothing special - but did the trick for us given we were only there one night.

Room Tip: The hotel is less than .5 off the interstate - very convenient. It is also 100 yards from a Cracker Barrel Restaurant. The restaurant is open until 11pm. We arrived at 9pm and then walked over to Cracker Barrel to get dessert -which they kindly wrapped for us as take-out.
1  Thank nwilliamscapecod
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The good news is, for me anyway, that it is a non-smoking hotel but it wasn't always and my room on the first floor smelled like an ashtray.

Room itself was spacious with what you'd expect in a suites hotel. Small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc. Bed was very comfortable and bathroom was large and shower stream was excellent. TV is non flat screen but watchable with multiple HBO channels. AC was loud, but effective and helped drown out the highway noise.

The service people both on arrival and departure were very nice, efficient and fast. No problems there.

Hotel is a little difficult to get to as the entrance is almost directly under a highway overpass. Easy to miss. Lots of restaurants nearby.

I had a Sunday morning event and missed breakfast so can't speak to that.

Overall, not bad but not great. Would probably choose this hotel again if as it was the cheapest I could find in the area.

Room Tip: First floor rooms apparently used to be smoking so avoid if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tom V
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We got a great deal on Hotwire for this hotel. The room was very nice, the included breakfast was good. They had a coin operated laundromat which was inexpensive and handly located on the 2nd floor, the desk clerk even gave me soap and fabric softner for free! The only problem we had was that it is very tricky trying to find this place, even with our GPS.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fishman620
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from 8/11/12 to 8/18/12.
The first room we stayed in was dirty. The ironing board had stains from top to bottom. The bathroom floor was filthy. The air conditioning unit had a large piece of clear plastic to direct the air away from the window toward the bed which is only 18 inches from the air conditioning unit. I woke up too many times to count because whenever the air turned on it would blow toward the bed. There were brown random stains on the bathroom ceiling. The small sign in the bathroom stated "bathrooms do not have exhaust fans they use an exhaust vent system." I am not sure what that means but it clearly doesn’t work. We decided to check if the vent system was working so we took a piece of toilet paper and held it against the ceiling vent and it fell to the floor. The ceiling constantly looked wet. Also found a lot of corn chips and M&M's under the bed. The bed sits on a box frame so the house keeper obviously was too lazy to clean this room. The lady at the front desk called the maintenance guy to clean the ceiling but he didn't answer the phone since it was after he left. He did call her back and told her to use a solution and a rag and she cleaned it.

I requested to be moved and was shown a number of different rooms. We thought we found one on the first floor until we heard the dogs barking and scratching on various doors. So we went in search of another room. We found a room on the 3rd floor again. We found the bathroom ceiling also had brown spots and looked wet. I went to the front desk and asked for it to be cleaned and it was but only around the ceiling light. We were concerned about taking a shower every day since the mist from the shower did not go any where but it definitely made the bathroom wet from ceiling to floor.
We only used Luke warm water since we had gotten a sun burn from being at Dutch wonderland all day. Every time we took a shower I would use the door and open and close it to try to clear out the moisture. When the lady whose was filling in for one supervisor while she was on vacation asked our housekeeper to get our 2nd room ready she said right now and she said Yes and gave her a nasty look. I told her I would appreciate it and I said thank you. Not sure why the cleaning staff blasted the music from the rooms while they cleaned the rooms.
While I was going back to our room a lady asked me in the elevator about my conversation with regard to the brown spots on the ceiling…she said she also has them so I told her to call and ask them to clean it.
I noticed that at least 2 inches from the walls are never cleaned since we noticed the dust.

Even the maintenance guy enjoyed his drink with the guests during breakfast.

The ladies and young man at the front desk were very nice and helpful. The over night older guy was rather nasty and I was happy I didn’t have to deal with him again.

Breakfast was just okay…

The other reviews were right about the truck noise...it was horrible!!!

The picture of the ac unit is from the suite with one queen and a couch bed. We asked for them to move the couch away from the ac. We didn’t have that option in the two queen bed suite.

My pictures say alot about this hotel. If I wanted to stay at a dump I would have booked a cheap motel. I put a call into customer service and the hotel manager would be contacting me by 8/23 if not then customer service will call me 8/24.

We tried to go to another hotel but they were all booked up.

I will never stay at this hotel ever gain.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
2  Thank Susan1118